Here is a Volumetric fire in eevee using math and noise
BluePrintRandom (BluePrintRandom) #1
aku (hernandoramos) #2
Pretty interesting. Can we see your node setup? Congrats!
BluePrintRandom (BluePrintRandom) #3
the nodes are a nightmare mess
but I can give a step by step.
- use geometry / position XYZ -> to make a gradient sphere
- separate the XYZ of position -> use Z + X and Z+Y to shape the sphere into a tear drop
- mix noise into the fire and subract time value input to noise Z - scrolling it up
- use cos Z and XY to make the flame wave as it goes up
- do a second noisy version of the wave that is half negative and out of phase with first wave
I then use a gradient ball + the noise to mix emission and scatter
(flame and fog)
aku (hernandoramos) #4
Thanks! I’m going to give it a try