--VOTING-- Character contest @Mixamo.com $$$Cash Prizes$$$

===========================================
VOTING HAS BEGUN: Contest Voting

Prizes :

1st place: $1,000 cash and 50 Mixamo Credits + Annual design3 membership ($179.95 value) + professionally generated render and animation of your character

2nd place: $500 cash and 30 Mixamo Credits + 6 Month design3 membership ($99.95 value)

3rd place: $300 cash and 15 Mixamo Credits + 3 month design3 membership ($59.85 value)

Come on guys, no more people interested in $1000 ?
You only need to provide a model with 2 arms/2 legs not exceeding 12,000 triangles !

… don’t do triangles…

I am interested.
I might do a character, if I have the time.
Thank you for the contest!

EXTREMELY INTERESTED! XD Thank you!

Quastions:

1. Does the character HAVE to be in triangles?
  2. What are the criteria for judging?
  3. Will the winners be selected by a few judges, or will it be the community voting?
  1. Does the character HAVE to be in triangles?
    -No we calculate the character by number of triangles. Best practices involve modeling in quads. however even a quad is still seen by the render engine as two triangles. So no more than 12k triangles.

2. What are the criteria for judging?
    -Creativity of character, Topology and triangle usage, Rigibility and deformation, UV layout and texture map quality and detail.

3. Will the winners be selected by a few judges, or will it be the community voting?
    -the finalists are selected by In house judges. Then the community votes on first, second and third place.

I have a question:

Is there a maximum size for the character’s textures?

That seems so cool! Thanks a lot!

I only wish I knew better how to model a character and limit the amount of triangles. Then I could consider entering.

Low polygon modeling is easy.
Just imagine the mesh as the basic shape holder, and leave all the details to textures, normal maps.

Cool. I’ll try to remember that.

Is there a maximum size for the character’s textures?

No, but for the sake of e-mailing it I recommend not exceeding a few 2048 maps.

Think current Gen Game characters!

Bria: This is a perfect chance for you to practice and try your hardest. There is big prizes to win! Give it a shot!

Cool. I’ll try to remember that.

What i’d recomend:
sculpting, retopology, normal map baking.

'sounds cool, I’ll give it a go. :slight_smile:

Neat! Gonna have to give this a try.

pretty cool! what’s the deadline?

August 21st, Good luck !

What i know , this is not exclusive Blender competition .

Send the works done and textures ? i think only the imagen is enough

Do I dare submit A132?

Of course :smiley: