Voyage From Space To A Concrete Point In The Earth

(KANNABICUS) #1

Hi men, i’ve been searching and i think it could be my poor english or knowledge about the procedure’s name of that visual effect/animation that makes a trip or voyage from outer space to a concrete point,city in Earth, crossing the sky…That kind of stuff that its watched in so many movies. Or the one that is viewed in Google Earth when you play a trip to a concrete point; i can record that motion but i think that it could be copyrighted.

The thing is that for sure it has to be using raster cause i think u will never get a complete texture of the world at so much high resolution. Maybe it can be accomplished getting pictures at different highs and putting them in some way.

I saw a game engine tutorial about LOD, that changes the model to a higer or lower res one depending at which distance you were from the object. Anyhow i need it for final render, not game engine.

Any help or the way to correctly search for it in search engines?
THX

0 Likes

(frodo2975) #2

Cool concept.

well, you could take screenshots from google earth as you fly in and map each screen shot onto a plane. Then, as the camera zooms in on the 1st plane, fade its alpha to 0 so that the second plane gradually fades into view. Repeat this for all the other planes until you have 1 plane left thats visible.

I’m not sure if images from google are copyrighted, but it shouldn’t matter much unless you want to sell the finished project.

0 Likes

(darkcgi) #3

they are copy righted
but your right if you dont profit you can use it

0 Likes