Vray final release

As vray is in it’s final release i was thinking about buying it. but did the script of Andrey Izrantsev is working with that release?
Dag

v-ray is a commercial product, right? What makes you think it is in it’s final release?

I think he means “official release” i.e. not Beta.

Yes, it’s working nicely.

http://blender.bevice.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=229

I was meaning not a beta.
I got some trouble to understand the difference between standalone and maya version. Does this mean that you could run only the standalone version (and buy it at 300 dollars)?

I got some trouble to understand the difference between standalone and maya version.

V-Ray Standalone was a part of V-Ray For Maya (don’t know if now too)
V-Ray For Maya is for Maya.
V-Ray Standalone is for rendering from vrscene files (generated by my script)

Does this mean that you could run only the standalone version (and buy it at 300 dollars)?

Yes.

What a weird site, no pricing at all.
http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/index.html

I can’t see any evidence of a new stand alone product mentioned. Where does this info and price come from?

If you send an e-mail to Chaos Group they will confirm this.
The price of the license is 299 USD, the hardware lock device would be around 35-40 USD.

So, what exactly is this standalone version. Surely someone answered this already but is it a full version of VRay, except it’s not integrated into some 3D Package? Is that why it is so much cheaper than for eg. Maya? What features does it offer? Where can I buy it? Is it released yet? And where do I find some informations on that?

Atom is right, the website is just weird, not even mentioning such a product…

Standalone version don’t have any exporter or integration with any software. It’s only a render engine that reads .vrscene file format. So if you wanted to render something with it you have to write the *.vrscene file by yourself or use a free exporter like this one provided by Andrey.

Where can I buy it?

E-mail the support and they will redirect you tho the closest reseller.
[email protected]