VSE Edit video Frame Length

I recorded a video with Camstudio and after countless tries I got it perfect (So I can’t re-record) only to find out the video plays slower than the audio. I was annoyed but decided I’d just open it up in the video sequence editor and fix it. When I set the length off the video to equal the audio it plays at the same speed and just cuts off. The Video Speed editor doesn’t help because it only allows setting the ratio to the hundredth, and the video is off by 0.9437662…(more numbers). Any way to fix this in Blender or anything else? Video is 1.97 GB Avi at 50 FPS, I got the audio from it as a 50.2 MB Wav using FFMPEG and Audacity.
Edit: What I need to be able to do is shorten a movie to a particular length in seconds. That’s the simplest way to say it.The functionality has to be available somewhere, I just don’t know where :spin: As I said, it doesn’t have to be in blender.

Are you sure that the frame rate is 50fps? Try opening the media in another player and look at the frame rate info there, make sure that you match the project frame rate to that. Then both audio and video should match.

Otherwise the speed effect can be made to stretch based on length of source video. You can slide the source media strips tail to the end of the audio. But Blender may not do a perfect job of matching the 2 together. I don’t know of any decent freeware apps that will perform speed changes at high quality, other than perhaps vdub http://www.virtualdub.org/virtualdub_docs.html

I’ve checked the frame rate. Opening the video in a media player it plays with the audio but the audio cuts off. Opening the video in Audacity with FFMPEG gives a shorter audio file. This file doesn’t have the extra minute of silence. I need to match this shorter audio file with the longer slowed down video. :spin:

This sounds like exactly what I need, but I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve added a speed control effect and with the “Stretch to input strip length” box checked selected the right handle and moved it to where the audio ends. This just ends up cropping the video so it cuts of before it’s finished. :confused:
My options for the speed control look like this:

I’ve messed around with the settings a while and haven’t figured out what the boxes do…? :spin:

Thanks for your reply! :smiley: