I’m trying to cut quite a view videos together. In general, i really like the workspace you can create with blender and the VSE, I basically have everything I could wish for. Unfortunately the playback is very slow and laggy, and I have no idea why.
- 8GB Ram, 4GB for Blender
- Intel i5 3450
- Crucial M4 SSD
- 19 (at least) Videos at once loaded into VSE-Projekt
- Videos are movs (29.97 FPS, H264, MPEG4 AVC, 1920x1080; PCM, 48kHz, 16 Bits)
- Videos range from 700MB to 1.6GB
- I use one reference audio track for the videos (wav, PCM S16 LE, 44.1khz, 16 Bits)
- I want to cut all these Videos into litte snippets, fitting the audio
As I said, the workspace is great, but the playback is very laggy. AV-Sync is activated. Encoding is H264 (although this doesn’t seem to affect performance at all).
Playback is fine when there are not cuts (well, sometimes it lags a bit when you move the playback-cursor around, but not bad). As soon as Blender touches cuts (I use soft cuts) the video starts lagging, often for several seconds. Audio keeps going normally. It’s practically not possible to work like this .
This also happens when removing all but one movie in VSE.
What am I doing wrong here?