VSHADE - Professional Shader System for Blender Cycles & Eevee 1.8

Thank you! I am glad you like it.

1 Like

Looks great! Would love to use it-if I could enable it. Is it not usable with the latest MacOS?

VSHADE works on all OS. What problem met you?

Thank you for replying so quickly. I wish everyone could be so attentive.

It wouldn’t enable after installation. I’m still working on it though. When I get my Mac to start up again I’ll get you more info.

Sorry, It won’t install at all. I’m using MacOs 11.1 and blender 2.92

Please give more info about it.

I’m installing Shade 1.5, using the usual install method (prefer, addons, install etc). I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but after selecting the compressed add-on and enter it doesn’t show in the list of addons.

VSHADE has not compressed add-on file. You must first extract on the ROOT drive/folder, after that you must install “/Vshade/_Addons/vshade_panel.py”.

Default directory tree:

/Vshade

If you want install another drive or folder, you can change on the “Pref > Addons” panel.

1 Like

Hi Hikmet,

On Windows, can I put the VShade folder inside the Blender addons folder?
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\VShade

Or does the folder location need to be C:\VShade first, then install vshade_panel.py from the subfolder?

You can put anywhere, but default path is “C:\Vshade”.

If you put to another directory, then you must change path on the “Pref > Addons” and restart Blender.

And don’t forget, if you use linked nodes, then you must not change your “Vshade” directory after set the first installation.

1 Like

I have the VShade folder in “C:\Program Files” and it works fine as well.

1 Like

OK. I put the uncompressed addons panel in the blender resources addons folder and enabled it, but now the workspace item isn’t showing in Shader Tab so can’t make it show.

Thank you for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

Please open Console window and check if any error reported.

No errors shown.

Then works.

Did you read “Installation Guide” PDF?

I’ll read it again, thanks.

1 Like

Are there some kind of notes attached to specific materials so one can know which are cross-compatible and can be used for look dev. without the need to change for production rendering? And generally what percentage are cross compatible pls?

Yes. All details writes on the Documentation PDFs. You can download PDF files and read before buy.

2 Likes

Thanks :smiley: Found it. Was looking in the wrong location.

1 Like

Vshade 1.5.1 released…

Vshade for Cycles & Eevee - Changelogs

Vshade 1.5.1

• Make Local All Used Vshade Nodes” command for Blender 2.9 and newer versions fixed.
2 Likes