Wacom Cintiq 22"?

Hi,

I wanna buy a display tablet for 3d/2d, and the max I can afford is the Wacom Cintiq 22"

my choice is limited because of the way I’ll pay for it (voucher+cash) which is only supported by a few local stores

• can it run blender ? or is its display an extension or duplicate of my computer display ?
  • does anyone have xp with this product ? I heard it is good and Wacom is recommended for compatibility reasons
  • I heard parallax issues should be taken into account, and should be limited with this model

thanks for your guidance

my pc :
Geforce gtx1080
Win 10 Home
16gb ram
Intel® QUAD Core i7-6700K 4.00 GHz

Display tablets are not computers so Blender performance is still entirely up to your pc.

I have no experience with the Cintiq, but I do have an XP-Pen Artist Pro 24 which works flawlessly in Blender.

ok that clears up how it works
I got an wacom intuo tablet so far

One thing to consider is if you really need one that large? Consider that whenever you aren’t using the stylus it will be in your way and thats a rather large bit of desk space.

Consider if maybe the 16" or 13" might actually fit better.

Personally I use the OG/first gen 12" wacom cintiq and while I’ve managed to make the space for it now¹, initially it ended up in my way more often than not.

¹ I made a little extra table that my main monitor stands on top of and the cintiq can be slid underneath when I’m not using it!

thanks for the infos, but I repeat : I have no choice…it’s gotta be that very model

it’s a really big investment, I just don’t wanna screw that up

Then it’ll be fine, it’s pretty much plug and play, not much that can go wrong.

how about parallax issues?

cant find many links about Wacom Cintiq/blender on google, not really reassuring :frowning:

Hi Curtis,

I’ve been interested in these for quite some time but never took the plunge. Plus I’m not that good at drawing (I wish I was though) so my mileage would be quite different than yours I’m sure. From what I’ve seen/heard it works well with Blender. Cintiq supports both Windows & Macs (Linux too apparently depending on the distro). I always find looking at the product manual before a big purchase is a good idea. You can find it at the bottom of this page: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-22-hd

I have a Wacom Intuos which is a small tablet and it works well on Windows 10. I do regret not getting the larger size up though but managing just fine. Don’t push it to much as I still favor my mouse. Old habits I guess.

Also, sometimes it’s good to go trough other user reviews like those on Amazon for example (check others to like B&H, Best Buy, etc…). It often gives you a sense of how well things work or issues with a product. Be discerning when looking at these though.

Cintiq 22 is highly rated on creativebloq.

Others here have said the Cintiq’s work well with Blender (from 2018).

Good luck and hopefully a good deal will come your way.

Cheers and stay safe!

Wacom is the oldest and highest quality brand in this field and cintiq is their elite product. It’s fine.

thanks for your detailed answer
I am like you, I cant draw verry well, and I too have the small Intuos tablet :slight_smile: so I want to jump the leap

thx Felix, it’s reassuring and matches what people say about that brand