Wacom's new product

Can’t you alter this by altering the brush you are using?

Also Felix, that worked on earlier versions of ubuntu, and you can set a lot of things in the xorg.conf file. like wacom tablet and pen settings…

I have a Bamboo.
It’s basically a Graphire with an almost unnoticed feature: it has 16/10 proportions.
so it’s ideal if you have a wide screen.
On windows it works good, on Ubuntui they’re still dealing with some kernel problems, someone managed to make it work but it’s a bitr complicated, but hopefully with gutsy gibbon cotober release everything wil be ok.
obviously if you can soend double it’s price ahaving a basic intuos is really another life.

Hey
Life can be unfair, found a local retailer for the bamboo but they are selling it at about $133, and thats the bamboo (RRP $69) not the bamboo fun (RRP $99), ah the joys of south africa!

WRT cheap tablets has anyone tried or own any acecad flair II’s?

I have two tablets, Wacom’s Volito and Aiptek’s 12000U, which is cheap and huge tablet. At this moment I’ve witched back to using Volito, as Aiptek has severe driver issues with XP SP2, so using it is like banging your head against a wall.

Other wise, I think both tablets are pretty close to each other, Volito is just more reliable. But if I ever locate some reliable drivers to Aiptek, I’ll be witching back to using it, just because I find it easier to use because of the size.

I’m surprised no one has picked on this yet… or is it that everyone else has only had bad sexual experiences :stuck_out_tongue:
[or none at all(?)]

i know about the xorg, ofc. thats how i got mine to work on dapper/edgy(2006 releases) :wink:

but in feisty I’ve had no need to touch the xorg.conf to get it to work(works out of the box!!) :slight_smile:

ding we have a winner! :wink:

Some people, like me like to swap the buttons. I’m quite a linux noob, I know a few things, but I’ve gotten everything I wanted working, save for recording sound.(which is REALLY annoying and is the main reason I’m back on windows currently)

My wacom worked straight out of the box, but I wanted to swap the buttons. I’ve found a lot of stuff about xbuttonmapping and xinput, and putting the xinput command in the sessions window under drake/edgy, it worked. Didn’t work anymore under fesity though…

Untill I found out that all it needed to work where two simple lines in the xorg.conf…
you can change your entire setup in there. you can make (pretty much) everything work with that single file!

I’m using a Bamboo as we speak. Generally it is a very nice tablet to use and is perfectly adequate for the fairly straightforward work that I need to do. I can’t comment on the tilt and sensitivity issues, as they’re beyond what I need. Having said that, my old Aiptek 6000 is not so very far from the Bamboo just not as shiny generally. Maybe try an Aiptek (cost about £10 off ebay) and see whether the size and sensitivity are up to the job, then upgrade to a Bamboo if you want something a bit nice.

Having said all of that …

There seem to be Bamboo compatibility issues with all GTK+ programs. That’s GIMP and Inkscape for a start. Right-click doesn’t work for me in Inkscape and the cursor regularly becomes totally unresponsive until I do some random application-switching and clicking. This isn’t just me (do a quick Google) and so may well be something that you need to consider before buying one. Works fine in Blender, although I haven’t tested pressure sensitivity in sculpt mode.

If I find a solution I’ll post here. If anybody has a solution already, then please do the same and help me out!

Wow, tons of replies, I’ve been busy and this thread exploded!
This is all really helpful info. Since I last looked at this I experimented more with the school Intuos3. I must say, a mouse seems a bit like using a brick now. So I’m continuing to do more research about this…

Food for thought!:yes: