Waking Life

Four guys are walking down the street. They take turns talking)

If the world that we are forced to accept is false and nothing is true, then everything is possible.

On the way to discovering what we love, we will find everything we hate, everything that blocks our path of what we desire.

The comfort will never be comfortable for those who seek what is not on the market.

A systematic questioning of the idea of happiness.

We’ll cut the vocal chords of every empowered speaker. We’ll yank the social symbols through the looking glass.

We’ll devalue society’s currency.

To confront the familiar.

Society is a fraud so complete and venal that it demands to be destroyed beyond the power of memory to recall its existence.

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline.

To interrupt the continuum of everyday experience and all the normal expectations that go with it.

To live as if something actually depended on one’s actions.

To rupture the spell of the ideology of the commodified consumer society so that our repressed desires of a more authentic nature can come forward.

To demonstrate the contrast between what life presently is and what it could be.

To immerse ourselves in the oblivion of actions and know we’re making it happen.

There will be an intensity never before known in everyday life to exchange love and hate, life and death, terror and redemption, repulsions and attractions.

An affirmation of freedom so reckless and unqualified, that it amounts to a total denial of every kind of restraint and limitation.

–taken from the movie Waking Life (2001)

Are you on a FONT and COLOR theme ?

This site only has one color and font …

I came across this transcript and then it hit me.

What if terrorism is a form of redemption

I say this because we now live in a insane world

Sorry about the font, I edited it.

No worries then.

No one is perfect.

I also make mistakes.

Have a great day!

…Thanks :smiley:

Your welcome . . . .

You should write a book. Really. It would look good in the “new age” shelf.

The new age will send you to hell, hehe.

Hell is a sub divide. We exist yet we dream. The water as an essence, flows with the sadness of the mass. To bring hope, a lone voice of Al_Capone if we ever need for some reason, we must traverse. The night key, and use. Several more must watch the media for usage and celibrities on the catwalk.

To me this is showing more like how Kbot’s mind is like fresh clay that can be molded into anything and remolded into anything else soon after than what Al Capone is saying.

Kbot being as impressionable and malleable as he is could mean he could end up believing anything you tell him, which is a major risk if the fresh clay that is his mind never hardens into a near-permenant structure, which some here would hope it will harden into the structure they think would be the right one and some others hoping it will just harden.

Good spotting CD!

Only one can see through the darkness of this frontier that we call the internet, and the forum that is one, among many, yet we are drawn to this site only.

Clay can be molded, and it hardens. When clay is soft, we can mold it to whatever we want, and you choose this metaphor with plenty of flair.

Have a great day and look forward to more of your wonderful posts!

I just have to ask, what are you guys high on, so I can avoid it? I agree that that society is pretty messed up right now, people go through life not knowing what they really want, but most of what you guys are saying is just nonsense.

You guys make it sound as if at some point society and the world in general was not insane and/or messed up???
It seems to be a human thing these days to always look back and think of the world in the past as a better place, of course it was a slightly different place back then in the past, but there has been no event(s) which has made the world suddenly a terrible place.
It is now, just as terrible, if not somewhat less terrible now, than what it has been in the past.
Im sure if we were to go back in time and forced to live in say the 1800’s, we would realize how much worse off people and their lives were.

What we have now is great, and yes there are some problems, and yes a lot of people dont seem satisfied with the current problems and so therfore come up with their own big conspiracys which might add some pretend drama to their lives. But I think we should appreciate what we have currently, and look forward to the future and what it brings. Hmmm??? :eyebrowlift2:

You guys make it sound as if at some point society and the world in general was not insane and/or messed up???

it wasn’t…before the INTERNET!!!
THE INTERNET IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!!!11
:stuck_out_tongue:

From what Spacetug said the internet wouldn’t seem like it makes society look like trash if people will stop trying to make/use mods and content that turn E/T rated games into X-rated games and continue to turn YouTube into a minefield you have to go through to find a G-rated video.

If I ran Google or any company that runs a content sharing website or a mod/content storefront I would employ an army of people and all content would have to have approval before showing up. It’s a drastic measure but we really can’t trust users to make appropriate content, therefore we need content nannying measures for most people, look at how poor Maxis had to fight a constant flood of X-rated spore creatures.

Technology has definitely improved the quality of human life, I don’t hold the belief that the past is better.

However, society in America was generally much better in the 1800’s then it is now, with the industrial revolution in full swing and almost true lassez-faire capitalism in place. Society had problems, of course, the existence of slavery in the first half probably the most important, but this was ultimately the fault of the government. But for those unaffected by slavery (those in the north for example) it seems that it was possible to live life as one wished and to pursue one’s values.

I can’t comment on the state of the rest of the world at that time.

The fall of all society is it’s creation, it starts small and as it grows it tries to repair the damage it creates as it expands a snake grows as the good improves so does the bad, it will soon reach full circle that society tries so hard to keep separate which will end the very foundation that civilization is created upon to free themselves from the slavery that is created and the destruction that is created from within.

Society is created with an idea. And that idea is a perfect society, this idea comes from the stars that see themselves as perfect or without flaw, this is in reality is nothing more then a bomb that scatter the stars across the planets only to try to undo the damage that was cause from its creation.

In my reality there is really two moons and two suns but our eyes only see one, this is the illusion of civilization that becomes cloudy.

I been studying the symbols of Al Qaeda. one flag is two daggers the other is a finger that points to the center of the sun. Original sin is really an eclipse of the creation of civilization. The flags shows that Al Qaeda is really a skull and bones organization like the bush administration and the organization was the creation from good will. Society see bad things as a disease and try to kill the disease instead of having it run its own coarse, but this is often the wrong path to take cause this only prevents the end which is important to all things. If you take republicans, democrats, capitalism and communism, you will come with Al Qaeda. Cause Capitalism can’t exist without communism and republicans can’t exist without democrats, they are the same evil

I didn’t get a thing you said, so much non-sensical dialogue that can’t be unwound into a good block of wisdom.

Take this for example

In my reality there is really two moons and two suns but our eyes only see one, this is the illusion of civilization that becomes cloudy.

What the heck, can anyone possibly untangle this into something that makes perfect sense:eek:

It almost sounds like Al Capone’s brain lives in a Blender, tons of random items and written items being thrown in while his brain tries to make everything that surrounds it into good philosophy, but it’s too random and being scattered too fast to turn it into something of sense.

What I’m trying to say is there is always a reflexion and a shadow we cannot see.

as the good improves so does the bad

I kinda like this quote though. No one could argue that this one didn’t make sense.

As a note Al, I have to agree a little with CD. You’re probably on to some incredibly deep and complex philosophy like Pirsig’s MOQ, but I sometimes think you say things to say them. Kinda like me, but different. Please take a creative writing class. I think you would enjoy it allot. It might also help you organize your ideas better.

Cause Capitalism can’t exist without communism and republicans can’t exist without democrats, they are the same evil

Communism can’t exist without capitalism, but I’m not sure I’d say the other way around. Both are sort of the banes of each other. If one philosphy was obliterated from the face of the earth though, the other would slackin’ towards the middle. That IS true. It is also untrue that republicans can’t exist without democrats. I do agree they are driven by the same ‘evil’ (don’t know a better word). As it is the same with the first two, if one was obliterated, the other would slacken towards the middle. There is no reason to rebel if the other side doesn’t exist. That being said, Democrats and Republicans draw their ammunition from each other–just like Capitalism and Communism draw ammunition from each other. They are consistantly trying to prove each other wrong for the sake of being right with few real revolutionary thinkers caught up somewhere in the middle.

Theoretically speaking though, you are right. You can’t have one effective opposite without the other. Not to mention that their opposites have always existed in some form or another. Communist-like Communes have existed since the very beginning of human civilization. Capatalism has always existed minimally with government centered societies. That means that theoretically, you can’t have one without the other. The fact that there have been a couple of name changes doesn’t prove anything beyond the fact that we have recognized the same force in different forms.

sigh. anyways, I gotta go make some phone calls before I hurt my head from overthinking.

peace out,
-nick