Wanna act? Wanna act voices? Act here!

(AniCator) #1

Hello BlenderHeads,

I think I just got a nice idea.

What’s your idea?
Record a dialogue that progresses the story of a previous dialogue posted in this thread. Action/Horror/Comedy/Science-Fiction. You can use them all. As long as it continues the previous piece of the story. After a while I’ll mix them together and it’ll be one large .MP3.

Can I use SFX in the background?

Yes. I actually recommend it.

Is there a time limit?
Try to keep it below 75 seconds.

I’m not very understandable to some people in my .wavs, what to do?

Show the script in your reply using code tags:

<script>

The first dialogue(35s): http://mirror.anicator.com/01.wav

Dialogue 01:
Sgt. Henderson:  
                         Okay so uh...
                         Team A will take the East flank... and Team B will take the West flank...
                         Team C will take the center, so we can force them to come outside and..

Shouting voice:   
                        WAIT FOR IT!! NO WAIT! WAIT! <machinegun shots>

Sgt. Henderson: 
                        Team 71!? TEAM 71!!
                        Somebody check out Team 71. OK! Good. Okay uhm...
                        East A. West B. Center C.
                        <sighs>
                        Uhm.. C can hide behind crates and...
                        <end of dialogue>

Second dialogue(27s): 02.wav (byNJROTC)

</b></i>
(codename NJROTC:        this is NJROTC to control, control come in. Uh team 72 has 
appeared  to have gone down. You remember team 72, they're those two annoying british 
guys, ya know, they were always trying to make us sandwiches and stuff? 
yeah...anyways i recomend  we send the hamsters on hover bacon, they look like they can 
really use some help... 

and uh,… what you doing tonight? Third dialogue(36s):03.wav(byFriday13)

OPERATOR: Don't even think about it. I am a very busy...
[beeping]
OPERATOR: Oh, hold on a sec. This is Central, over.
ILYANOV: This is Commander Ilyanov, of Unit 73, over.
OPERATOR: Unit 73, please state your location. Over.
ILYANOV: We are approaching the fourth quadrant, as we've been ordered. Over.
OPERATOR: Team 73, Central Commander is requesting assistance for teams 71 and 72 on quadran 2, over.
ILYANOV: Teams 71 and 72 on quadrant 2. Acknowledged, Central. Over and out.

Fourth dialogue(29s): 04.wav(byAniCator)

Dialogue 04:
Central Command:
                         This is Central. Over.
Leader Unit 74:
                         This is Unit 74! We've seen 71 go down and 72 is running for the enemy and uh... WE NEED
                         BACKUP A LOT OF BACKUP! Our location is eh...: 250H 06..uh..H?
                         &lt;to team navigator&gt;
                         What is our current location!?
74.TeamNavigator:
                         246H 300E!
Leader Unit 74:   
                         &lt;confirms 74.TN's data&gt;
                         256H 300E
                         &lt;end of dialogue&gt;
  • AniCator

PS: I hope this will be a success. It’s also nice for animators that can’t find any nice dialogues for there character to test with (lip-sync, etc.).
PPS: I’m Dutch. I hope I pronounced it very English or American.
PPPS: Need some help using Audacity. I’ll try to release some tutorials in this thread. For example: How to create the sounds of dialogue 01.

0 Likes

(Enjay) #2

i would play but i dont know how to upload sounds like you did.

0 Likes

(Enjay) #3

oh wait i think i figured it out, here ya go.

edit
no i didnt, can anyone tell me how to upload a sound so that when you click on it it automaticly downloads. if you want to hear the sound just go here and download it manually.

http://www.4shared.com/file/25759193/a003da29/MOD2.html?dirPwdVerified=27c6290d

0 Likes

(AniCator) #4

I uploaded it to my server (I renamed the file): 02.wav
Meanwhile you can register on uploader.polorix.net
It’s a good uploader. But you can also send me e-mails with the files attached:
(this e-mail has been hidden)

- AniCator

PS: cboy is one of my very old test nicks. Not very original, but I still use the e-mail.

0 Likes

(Friday13) #5

Why not have each person post what they are saying in their dialogue, in case it’s hard to understand/follow?

EDIT: Was very bored, so here’s #3.

0 Likes

(AniCator) #6

It’s a good idea to add the text of the dialogues. I think NJROTC was bored just like you. I think it’s more fun if you record those .wavs with energy. With realism. ACT LIKE IT’S REAL! It’s fun to act like that. I did that when I recorded Dialogue 01.

I think I’ll put up a Audacity tutorial for this thread within a few days. Meanwhile play with the build-in plugins of Audacity. I used the High Pass Filter, Normalizer and my microphone was set to (tries to translate the Dutch word), I’ll just say “Microphone Amplifier” and I talked really close to the mic except for the part when Team 71 goes down.

Comments on 01: <none, it’s mine :P>
02: You might want to work on your performance. I think you aimed for comedy, but I’m not sure.
03: <EDIT: I got the download to work, I’ll upload it to my server> Sounds funny. It would be nice if you would PM me the script. I’ll put it in the first post.

- AniCator

0 Likes

(AniCator) #7

Dialogue 04: 04.wav
It’s quite heavy!!

- AniCator

PS: 03 is uploaded to my mirror site. Check the first post.
PPS: All voices are made by myself. SFX is coming from the freesound project and the flashkit resource website.

0 Likes

(Octopus4) #8

yay , i may try to do one :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(AniCator) #9

I’m looking forward to yours. Everyone must give it a try.
I hope everyone will.
Hopefully this will be featured on BlenderNation.com. It would be a great resource for people who need a dialogue to test their character models.

- AniCator

PS: Still working on that tut.

0 Likes

(Octopus4) #10

sorry for the not-clever question but have i to act the written dialogue or do my own , …
heating my microphone , lol …

0 Likes

(AniCator) #11

Actually you should act it out by yourself, but if you really don’t want to you can ask someone else to act it.

- AniCator

0 Likes

(Friday13) #12

Sorry if I sounded energy-less. It was late at night, so I couldn’t speak out loud and wake everyone (I can’t, anyway, because we have five dogs and they even bark at the sound of ant steps :p)

Anyway, here’s my dialogue:

OPERATOR: Don't even think about it. I am a very busy...
[beeping]
OPERATOR: Oh, hold on a sec. This is Central, over.
ILYANOV: This is Commander Ilyanov, of Unit 73, over.
OPERATOR: Unit 73, please state your location. Over.
ILYANOV: We are approaching the fourth quadrant, as we've been ordered. Over.
OPERATOR: Team 73, Central Commander is requesting assistance for teams 71 and 72 on quadran 2, over.
ILYANOV: Teams 71 and 72 on quadrant 2. Acknowledged, Central. Over and out.

0 Likes

(Enjay) #13

yeah i was just playing around the first time… anyway i was suppose to be on the outskirts of the battle.

here is what i said:

(codename NJROTC:        this is NJROTC to control, control come in. Uh team 72 has 
appeared  to have gone down. You remember team 72, they're those two annoying british 
guys, ya know, they were always trying to make us sandwiches and stuff? 
yeah...anyways i recomend  we send the hamsters on hover bacon, they look like they can 
really use some help... 
and uh,... what you doing tonight?

0 Likes

(AniCator) #14

I updated the first post with the dialogues.
Keep acting! :slight_smile:

- AniCator

0 Likes

(James XVI) #15

My microphone sucks, and this is more sound than voice acting,and it doesn’t even follow the rules XD , but what the heck!
Kaboom!

0 Likes

(Octopus4) #16

a complete weak try :o
here
by the way , the sound of the machine gun is my sound , but i have altered it in goldwave
and i made him robot , … so he is funnier , it is all experimental … have i to make another one ?
edit :- i know that it is like reading , there is no feelings in it , lol … :slight_smile:

0 Likes