Want a program that might exist

[hurry]

Hi! I want a program that will allow me to type text for frame 1, then frame 2, and so on. I want it to store the frames, then play them back at a certain fps. Maybe also colored text?

I bet if a program like this exists, it will be DOS -based.

See you all in a couple days (got to go to California to vesit family)!

Random

[/hurry]

P.S. It didn’t seem like a hurry, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Dos based? What do you need a dos based prog for?

There’s a cool 3D program called Blender. You can use layers as ‘pages’ or just animate text (it has cool text features) to pop into and out of each frame. You can also use text as an image to make gif-like animated textures. It even has a feature where you can put the text image on one or more lamps and shine it onto a ‘page’ object and then animate the lamps either from one layer to another, fade their light on and off or use an animated texture on them as a movie.

Check it out:
www.blender3d.org

%<

Um, I can use blender quite well. I have done it for 2 years. I just wanted a program only for text stuff.
[sarcasm]Thanks for the help![/sarcasam]

Random

P.S. It might not be DOS-based, I just thought it seemed like DOS.

P.P.S Maybe you could also do multiple lines of text to animate?

The GIF-animator in Paintshop Pro (I’m not kidding here) 8)

I don’t see why you odn’t use blender.

microsoft movie maker. comes free with microsoft, one of those programs not installed by defauly, and it works just like that.

I cant think of one good reason for why you would think this is Dos based. Who the hell writes anything for dos anymore?

why not making it in flash?.. dont know…

greets

war

He probably meant a command line tool and called it DOS…
That, of course, doesn’t explain why he thought it would be limited to command line tools.

Martin

are we all losing it? i think the obvious solution is powerpoint. or use openoffice present. they have a fram auto change time setting, and I think can be converted into movies.

I’d just layout your text the way you want it in The GIMP, Photoshop, Painter, or whatever, then import the images into the sequence editor for however many frames you want.

are we all losing it? i think the obvious solution is powerpoint. or use openoffice present. they have a fram auto change time setting, and I think can be converted into movies.

yeah…losing it…whatever that is supposed to mean…

anyways, I think that using blender is a better solution. Its free, smaller and more effective.

I found a movie done with text here LINK===>>:smiley:<<===LINK.

I am at my nice uncle’s computer, and he showed the movie to me.

I guess I don’t need a program like the one I wanted.

Random

I guess I don’t need a program like the one I wanted.

Does that mean that you need one like you didn’t want?

%<