Wanted: Image Sequence Viewer

Hi,

I’m looking for a tool to open numbered image sequences (like Maya’s fcheck).

Does anybody know such a tool? The only ones I found were commercial or bundled to an application suite.

Thanks

Thorsten

blender opens image sequences. just go into the sequence editor window, press shift A, choose ‘images’, browse for your pics, click A to select all from the file browser, shift right click on any extraneous things like thumbnails to deselet them, and load, same as an avi. Also there are other programs such as Jasc animation shop and a couple of others, jashaka, winmorph i think comes with a sequencer. So does Rostrum Camera. Blender and Jashaka are both good.

what about:
blender -a frame0001.png

or whatever, the -a switch will cause blender to play an animation [and it will not open up the ui]

if you want this integrated into windows explorer:
go into:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo
[windows xp/2k/nt… USERNAME is your username]
C:\Windows\SendTo
[95/98/98SE/ME … iirc]
create a shortucut to your blender executable:
“c:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe”
[for example]
and add -a to the end
“c:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe” -a

now, when you right-click your first image, choose send to, then blender

Modron, thank you - but I was looking for something to use directly from the file manager (sorry, forgot to mention that I’m working in a Windows environment).

z3r0 d, that was exactly what I was looking for. Cool trick to create a shortcut in the SendTo folder - I never thought of that (copying it to my tips and tricks folder to remember it) ;). I should have known that Blender can handle this with on board tools :). And with the -p option, I can also choose where to open the window - sweet!