War drone. I would like your feedback

Model and render - Blender cycles.
Background - manipulated photography.

I would like your feedback

I think the model itself looks great, but the materials could use some improvement. I’m not sure exactly how, but it looks a bit plastic like and there’s something down the center of the “windshield” that looks like some sort of artifacting is going on. I’m still really new to this stuff so I don’t know what to say exactly but maybe you have too much reflection.

Looks cool. The shape of the helicopter is maybe a bit too simple, it could use some more detail. The image in the background also doesn’t seem to fit the scene: It is a war drone, but the setting doesn’t seem to be in a battlefield. The sky doesn’t have any clouds either which looks strange. The helicopter also should have some motion blur, and a glass, so the pilot can see whats outside. Also, I don’t know what the red things in the right side of the war drone are. The bright yellow side of the background image seems to be were your eyes go to the most, it seems to be the focal point, when really it should be the war drone. You could also do some post processing, add a vignette and maybe some color correction. I really like the gun in the front, and the composition.

Hi Pitr, Image as it self looks good, but i think u miss the point of the image… i feel it as some kind the time-black-hole behind the helicopter stretching the background image so hard, so it looks like the “time travel effect”. i think that should not be so blurry also the model missing some details. Even its drone, it needs some cameras, or sensors to navigate/cooperate with IT and pilot. Adding black roughed glass should fix it. And desaturating the rockets will be pleasing for the eyes to return back to gun in front. good job, keep up hard work.

It’s cool in many ways.

As Isaquel mentioned, it seems like there are many parts that highly detailed… but then other areas that seem to be like extremely low poly in styling. I would think whether its a pilot driven copter or a drone copter, you would want them to be very aerodynamic in design.

The background colors really do draw your eye to it first. I think you’ve tried to simulate those type of photos where they pan a fast moving object and that stays in focus and the background gets blurred out.

About a year ago I did a drone based short film called “Unmanned Vengeance” link is in my signature, so any drone projects always catch my attention. I’ll look forward to see where you take this project.

There’s too much blur on the background image. Things in the foreground will have the most blur. Things in the distance don’t move much within the scene so they won’t be very blurred. Use a radial gradient as a mask to apply more blur to the edges and less to the center of the pic.

Steve S

Next iteration.

the same model but i made small changes in texturing. Also changed background.

I started modeling from the movie “Blue Thunder”. Rockets still gotta work out, unless out exchange them for a rocket launcher.

Thank you for the advice.

Next iteration.

the same model but i made small changes in texturing. Also changed background.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325782[/ATTACH]

I started modeling from the movie “Blue Thunder”. Rockets still gotta work out, unless out exchange them for a rocket launcher.

As background, I used pictures of the holiday. In fact, something more sinister should fit.

As with the other picture.

In order to force you to focus on the drone first, I would suggest desaturating the background a little, don’t make it black in white but take some of the colour out of it. As for the modal I think it needs more detail. You can leave the base mesh as it is but add little details, such as seams with rivets, and small handles on the sides at convenient places.
good luck

I added some details and changed the texture.

I also changed the composition and background.
I feel that the model itself has potential but something is missing.