War!!!

Oh, okay. I wasn’t aware that contributers retained that much control. Even better.

And, I agree, this thread is pointless and completely sensationalist.

You seem to spend to too much time in your closet.I know people in high place even in the business of CGI studios.For your information Microsoft and Autodesk had made a secret deal under the table by play big in the CGI business development.So who the hell of you ! to tell me to get lost! I have the right to post what ever I see is right to posts and inform in good faith.Some day or soon blender will relied on plug in programs to run to the Artist satisfaction.And respect for Ton he will not live for ever,so who take his place will play for money.So catch that!!!

Sangano!!!

Sangano,you too?

I would highly recommend calming down, blender CAN be sold, but it CANNOT become closed source (well, easily anyway).

But hay if you’re just here to yell at us all, then we can just ignore you.

Anyway, good bye, :smiley:

My message is to stay awake and keep supporting open source programs like blender and Gimp.Money is power and it could change the direction how blender come to those who can not afford a high end 3d program software.As for open source it can be close like a book.Remember American history when japan attack pearl harbor did American citizen
ship protest Japanese American being free.

… I’m really not sure what the heck that meant, though it seems close to the whole “thread is over when someone mentions hitler” thing.

Exactly, this is a total flame-bait non-event. If you hadn’t noticed this is precisely what Autodesk’s been doing for the last several releases of Max - buy some small external plugins, incorporate it into Max (in other words, put the dll in the plugins folder by default), and then sell it as a new version for a couple of thousand bucks. Nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing at all to do with Blender.

i agree with broken, max didnt have “core coded news” for the last several versions, i also belive that the best comercial strategy its no longer sell software but rather give suport, training and “a l´acarte” solutions.

i think blender foundation has already dropped(at least for now) the dual licensing(in 2005 iirc)… so i feel quite safe in my warm homey blender instance running on my machine…

war never been so much funnnnn