Warhol's Campbell's Tomato Soups

Hi everyone,

over the last two days I finished a project that really helped me to feel more confident around Blender. I was a C4D user before and was transitioning back and forth in-between these two.

My goal with this project was to only use Blender for texturing and modeling. I managed it, to create every texture in the scene as a procedural texture. The labels are done with Illustrator.

Smaller projects like this are just awesome to refine the workflow in a program. The only thing I can’t get my head around is the Compositor. I’m just not digging it. But it’s the same for me with C4D. I’m much faster and efficient using Photoshop. I guess it’s just personal preference.

But well,…all these tools can live in great harmony! :wink:

Stuff I tackled: Vertex Painting, Advanced Node Trees, Procedural Textures, 5k Textures, Basic Rigging (Leaf’s), Fur and Particle Systems

Stuff I couldn’t get to work the way I needed them to be:
Proper DOF, Noise Reduction and Subsurface Scattering

I will definitely cover these in future Projects…
For now I’m fine with this encounter,

Enjoy, and thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

Worktime: 16 Hours
Rendertime: 2 Hours
Resolution: 1440p
Samples: 500

Greetings from Hamburg/Germany,
FastLeaD

HAVE A GREAT 4TH JULY! :smiley:

Nice effort! I like it. The only think i’d work on would be transparency for the leaves, and perhaps subsurface scattering for the tomato.

Looking good. One thing I noticed about the cans that it doesn’t really show a fresnel effect on the sides, so it looks a bit out of place/dark. Like @TianWei mentioned, the tomato needs some work. Subsurface scattering is tough, but you can do it!