Warp Tool

Gotta admit, there’s never a dull moment with this app. So I follow the warp tool tut in the Blender manual, and my type instantly becomes reversed. I tried this on a Mac and on a PC and got the same result. I’m using the default Blender font, as I don’t yet know how to import any other type.

So, how do you make it work right? Thanks.

warp warps around teh 3D cursor. I think it works best in teh front view

>>I think it works best in teh front view<<

Nope, not for the tut, anyway. Gotta be done from the top view. It does the right thing, it just reverses the type, making the whole effect useless.

It happens because your cursor is above the text-object. Go into side view and rotate your text 180*, put your cursor below the text and warp, then rotate it back.

%<

>>It happens because your cursor is above the text-object. Go into side view and rotate your text 180*, put your cursor below the text and warp, then rotate it back. <<

Well, that certainly wasn’t in the documentation, now was it?! So, is this a long standing bug that nobody ever get around to straightening out (no pun intended)? I tried it with V 2.28, thinking the anomoly was introduced with Blander’s revamp, but I got the same results in 2.28. I noticed the same tut is in the Blender 2.0 book.

While your workaround works, it’s certainly an awkward approach to the problem.