Wastwater - Scene 1 Final

Wastwater in the Lake District, England.

Original

Updated (see final post for explanation - doh!)

WIP thread here explains it all (Wastwater WIP)

I imagine there will be other ‘scenes’ from this project (whether people like it or not :slight_smile:). Any pointers for improvement always welcomed.

44 Likes

Wow it is trully something special for me, awsome:) for now sorry but I’ll switch to wip and dig for more information. Than I’ll back with some questions if I will not find answers :slight_smile: really nice work.

1 Like

Thank you very much - much appreciated :smile: !!

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Nice work. Sweet.

1 Like

Looks amazing!
Just wondering how you did the clouds? They look great!

1 Like

@bartv Wow - thanks Bart. Both very welcome and very unexpected! Much appreciated :smile:

@Strike_Digital - Many thanks! On the clouds I cheated I’m afraid. They are just from a sky image I downloaded (volumetric clouds are beyond both me and my PC!)

@ShieldWolf1955 Many thanks - very much appreciated!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart :+1::+1:

Beautiful! I’ve been to the Lake District many years ago - and probably even to Wastwater - and your render took me right back to it. Great work!

1 Like

@thomassturm Many thanks - much appreciated!

Apologies for the bump, but I needed to get this off my chest. I just realised I needed to flip the Y axis on my normal map from Gaea (idiot!!) and so desperately wanted to upload the revised version (which is actually a blend of the original and the correct normal map version, as some parts of the original were more subtle and thus a bit nicer). Some of the rocks now have a bit more detail in them though, which is a bit better (I think).

1 Like

Hi Lazlo,

Very nice. Make me want to try my hand at Gaea again. Would you have any advice or suggested tutorials on using Gaea and Blender together. I’ve been trying but never seem to get things quite right.

Cheers and stay safe!

Awesome, it looks super realistic

Apologies for another bump, but have been playing with the post processing to create a softer watercolour version. Thought I’d share.

Have a good weekend!

1 Like