Wat sort UV picture format can be used with layers

Hello,

I wanted to use the UV map editor with a picture with layers, but I can not
find the format it is used in, the blender help files are not very clear about this anyhow too, so therefor I apply to this forum, or should I buy
the book about these subjects?

Thank you in advance for the answer,

Friendly regards,

Bart Claasen

You can’t. Just keep two copies of your picture one with the layers collapsed in the image editor and one without. You can have multiple uv-mapped pictures – just add each picture to its own texture slot and they will share the same uv coordinates.

GreyBeard

I think Blender recognizes all the “main” picture formats: bmp, jpg, tga, and png (I think).

using quicktime you can also load .psd files into blender [though non-opaque regions on an image are blended with whtie…]

I don’t really understand what the person is asking though
[if the question is: can I use different layers in my image to map to different channels in blender [like a spec layer, a color layer…], the answer is no, that’s not possible]

if the question is: can I use different layers in my image to map to different channels in blender [like a spec layer, a color layer…], the answer is no, that’s not possible

That’s how I read it, but your right it isn’t very clear.

GreyBeard

Hello to the forum,

Thanks for the answer, I think I can find it out now… although I have to
experiment.

Sorry if I am too unclear in my English, I just guess my hands and feets don’t show up in this forum.

Regards,

Bart