Water and Fire for video games

Hi There Blender Artist Community,
I was wondering what the difference might be in making a water and fire sim in cycles Vs making one for a video game?
like how do you get equal results that you can transport over into unity and use in a Video game?

Do you mean physics or rendering in cycles?

Water and fire shader can be made in unity, and if it is modelled same way, it should be close enough. I don’t expect that shaders can be move directly to unity but it is possible model similar way both environments.

If animation is baked to mesh, mesh can be rendered same way. Particle simulation configuration should be set up in unity and videogame realtime requirements make it more limited.

what if I do the simulation in evee doesn’t evee take the same short cuts?

Eevee is only renderer. It does not affect to simulation.

then how are dynamic water simulations done real time in video games?

Using game engine simplified water simulation. Some ocean is likely baked.

So you have to create the simulation in the game engine unless it’s pre baked?

Yes.

I don’t think that there is invented any standard to move simulation setups between environments. However, there may be some simulation modelling made parallel with Blender and some game engine, so artist can use those in Blender then render same in game engine using version of simulationsystem that gives similar results. I don’t know anything about those and they may be inhouse systems in some game company.

Nothing stops to do your own simulation system both game engine and Blender.