Water Christmas bauble

(Bob) #1

Hi all, I’m trying to make a liquid bauble but I have no idea how to get the water to run under the sphere. Any advice is welcome.

(SterlingRoth) #2

much more information needed.

Can you supply a picture of what you are tring to do, or at least a better description?

(Bob) #3

I’m trying to create something like this

(Bob) #4

Also as you can see in your his image there is a break in the flow of water, is there a way to stop/start the flow of water.
Everything I’ve done so far has just had a constant flow of water throughout the timeline.

(icyou520) #5

Is this for a still picture or an animation?

(Bob) #6

I only really want a static image but all the stuff I’ve found so far has pushed me down the animation route with an aim to render a single frame

(icyou520) #7

Ok if its a still image I would NOT use the fluid sim.

This can be made with a shader, I will see what I can come up with to get you started.

(Bob) #8

Sounds great ICU520, I’m quite new blender but I figure if I set myself a challenge it’ll push me to learn the interface.

I’m also trying to build liquid Christmas tree, maybe I could use the same principles :+1:

Link to my previous question Liquid Christmas tree

(icyou520) #9

Ok after spending about 10 minutes, this is what I came up with. It is not perfect and you will have to tweak some things, but this should get you started.

I circled the settings you might want to play with to change the look some. Remember its mostly about the lighting. So you will need to spend a little bit getting the lighting right.

Also make sure when you make your sphere add a solidfy modifier to it so it doesnt look solid.

This is the texture map I used

(icyou520) #10

As far as the Christmas tree, that is a little more complicated. The above videos should get you there. Or you can just find a Tree on TurboSquid and use the shader above.

(Bob) #11

Cheers dude, loads of help :+1:

(Bob) #12

Hi ICU, any chance of more step by step instruction?