wath is your favorite planet or moon?

well, THE TITLE SPEECH BY IT SELF!!!, well my favorite moon is Titan, an nice place with acid rains :D, and my favorite planet is Netptune, i like it color

PLUTO … dammit. :RocknRoll:

“Mercury … Venus … Earth … Mars … Jupiter … Saturn … Uranus … Neptune … P-L-U-T-O!

Bah. :ba:

Earth. I’ve not been to anywhere else. Too bad it’s in such bad shape… though still not raining as much acid as in Titan…

Earth and the moon, both kick the asses out of the other planets, and no, it in very good shape. If you don’t like it go and try living on another planet and leave mine alone.

LOL I CANT STOP LAUGHTING!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have to admit, we share this all the same!

Well if you take are of your area I will take care of mine, just don’t go telling me how to do it and forcing me to do it that way, if you do that then we won’t have any problems with each other.

But outside of Earth, I guess I’ve always liked Pluto, but I guess they say that is not a planet anymore. So I don’t know, it will always be a planet to me. Is it possible that there are planets on the other side of the sun that we have never seen?

I heard there’s now a big man-made oil pond by your area, plus a lot of carbon monoxide. That doesn’t sound like “very good shape” to me.

I’d happily let industrialists go explore other planets and leave this alone.

They keep revolving my friend. The only limitation here is distance.

Only because my government won’t let BP fix the problem, just wasting a bunch of time with court procedtures. Besides how do you know where I’, from?

They keep revolving my friend. The only limitation here is distance.

Well what if there is one the same distance from the sun as us and is just revolving around the sun at the same pace as us.

my favorite planet is earth. i dont think i could live without it.

no inferno. all planets tug on eachother. we spot planets even in other galaxies because gravity causes the star to wobbel. even if we couldn’t see the planet we could see it tugging on the ones we can see. there used to be another planet, but it crashed into the earth and created the moon.

just statistics. :slight_smile:

well, mine’s Earth, though I haven’t seen much of it :stuck_out_tongue: as for a moon…Europa seems interesting - only moon with the possibility of liquid water

Is that what is said to have made the grand canyon? Not really sure I believe that, but oh well, not worth arguing, its impossible to beat you guys, because neither of us have proof the other is wrong, so lets leave it at that.

just statistics. :slight_smile:

I guess I do spout of my heritage a lot, but I really do love my country as I am sure you all love your own as well, so I guess it wasn’t hard to figure out.

No, scientists/geologists are pretty sure the grand canyon was created mainly by the river which still flows through it to this day.

rdo3 is correct when he says that we can ‘see’ the gravity of other planets working. Thats how we find planets in areas too far away to take proper photographs. Its just science fact, so yes that is proof your ideas stated are wrong. A planet couldnt ‘hide’ behind the sun, its not that simple and extreamly improbable. And even so there are satalites which orbit all the way around the sun to take photographs of the other side.

Im not even comfortable saying ‘the other side of the sun’ because its a funny thing to say. ‘The other side’ is relative to where the earth is in its orbit or other planets you might be considering at the time.

Planet X however is a theory that there is a planet(s) beyond neptune. The discovery of large rocks and ice beyond pluto helped scientists realize that pluto is in fact too small to be considered a planet. You can read more Planet X here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_X

LOL

Oh and my favourite planet (aside from Earth of course) would have to be Mars. A very interesting place, and hopefully a new home sometime in the next few centurys. I wouldnt mind going there sometime.

Io and Nibiru.

rdo3 is correct when he says that we can ‘see’ the gravity of other planets working. Thats how we find planets in areas too far away to take proper photographs. Its just science fact, so yes that is proof your ideas stated are wrong. A planet couldnt ‘hide’ behind the sun, its not that simple and extreamly improbable. And even so there are satalites which have gone to the other side of the sun.

Care to explain how exactly they’re able to tell us the likely composition of some of the exo-planets and what the conditions are like if all we see are some wobbles in a star, we don’t have telescopes powerful enough to get a picture of them nonetheless tell us what they are like? Is there some fancy technology in the new Keck telescope that does this?

i personally still consider Pluto to be a planet - i think there’s actually a new term for it : dwarf planet…

I dont know about ‘fancy technology’ but the same old prinicples of science a physics usually work pretty well. The instruments just need to find the data for us to study. And as far as I know its very difficult to find out the compositions of exo-planets from the wobbles in stars alone, I dont know if scientists could find out everything about the planets they find, but thats not the point, thats not even what we’re talking about here.

Read this for some easy to understand information about the history of finding planets and more recent discoveries:

http://www.spacetoday.org/DeepSpace/Stars/Planets/FarawayPlanets.html