Way 2:Komplex

This is actually not a Blender only image - I did a lot of postprocessing with the GIMP. But this is what I’d consider as a project ;]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DarkMyke/3D%20CG/Way2_Komplexsmall.jpg
I had to resize it because of Photobucket

However, I’m a just a beginner to abstract art and I need a lot of comments and critiques now (I know that there’s a lot to improve). Let me hear what you think =)

this is good for a first try at abstract art. What bugs me a little is the use of stuff from tutes that can be found on the web. Like those concentric circles. I think you should learn the technique and use it in a original way.
A part from that it looks cool. Maybe merge the 3d and 2d a bit more.
Keep it up.
-IS-

Ah, I know what you mean - whenever I ran out of ideas I looked at some abstract WPs. When something attracted my eyes, I added a similar effect to my own work.
The beams aren’t very original either, but I wanted to add them from the beginning of my project. The whole thing really isn’t an example for perfect creativity, that’s something that comes later on, it’s more like an experiment for different techniques. I’m sure I have to do some training and some more of these pieces to develop my very own ideas and my own style - that’ll take time, I guess.

Nevertheless, I’m satisfied with the outcome, even if it’s not a masterpiece. Luckily I’m not the only one who thinks that it’s not too bad =)