Wazou - Sketchbook !

Really nice! Is it possible to export blender hair directly in guerrila? How did you do that?

Yes you can in alembic if you have Octane plugin.

If you don’t, you can’t :frowning:

I think I purchased the first octone plugin, but then I stopped using and upgrading because I was disappointed by how it worked… I didn’t know that the octane plugin could work as an alembic exporter… really interesting! I will give it a try as soon as I have some free time! Thanks!

How I missed all these last artworks?
Amazing.

Thx Michalis :wink:

WIP for a job.

Blender + guerilla

I asked to the Guerilla’s devs to add a clump density map and it works well ^^

That looks awesome! I definitely have to play with it :slight_smile:

Very nice Cédric !
But you need maya get your hair curves into guerilla ? Or do you have another solution ?

-R

Right now, I export in curve in maya and then make my guerilla project.

You can use the octane plugin with alembic, but it export all the hair, not the curve.

So, right now, I have to use maya yes.

The best will be to make an exporter from blender to guerilla, but I’m not good in coding.

Thanks, I’m in the same boat regarding coding.
It’s just amazing that they’re giving away one free connected licence for everyone , including commercial usage.

Is guerilla render fast, I tried to download it but it failed and after my tests with renderman, I thought why even bother haha, it was way too slow. Shame you need maya for the hair system. The workflow is already fragmented already without needing maya on top of that.

Are you just using it for still shots?

Guerilla render is noat as fast as cycles, but you can andle big scenes. It’s a production render engine like renderman, Arnold etc.

Right now, I use it for still yes, but if blender have alembic, we could use guerilla for animations and movies without the need of maya etc.
That’s why alembic is very important for me.

Little Wip, blender / Zbrush / Cycles.

With details.

Haha, that looks excellent!

WOW super!

Little render, it’s way too dark, need more love, the final should be nice.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/cedric_lepiller_pitiwazou_funny_dogs_012.jpg

Oh wow, superbe travail! Looking forward to the final render of this pug!

looks like photoshop to me! well done… :slight_smile: