WC 123: Braveless Knight EDIT: new image added, 1280 x 1024

Whoa! those are high AA settings! no wonder its taking so long to render! Of course, you can always do the xml output file thing and render it from a command prompt… thus allowing you to get back into blender to work on setting up your next (great also, I’m sure) piece! Very nice!

Thanks! It’s rare that people will show their yafray settings, and your settings clear a number of things up for me, especially, the lighting values. (ie just using a spot or two for specularity and letting yafray do the rest.)

I was suprised to see that your skin material was so straightforward. It gives me hope as I expect interesting ramp/texture settings to produce the results you did.

All in all a great work!

Ben

— All thats left now is to get the mythical internet distributed yafray animation renderfarm written and added to blender and I’ll be set. :wink:

Whoa! those are high AA settings! no wonder its taking so long to render!

Yup, and the fact that it was rendered 1440 x 1152, :smiley: leaves me some room for cropping and scaling (when I think of it, with all these settings 2 1/4 hours rendering is quite short).

Cheerio,
Sago

I love it! and I’d love to have a background version as well!

I love it! and I’d love to have a background version as well!

Thanks, would a 1280 x 1024 version do? You can find different links to it on page 1 and 2.
I’m not sure about it, but if you’ve got a bigger screen, it wouldn’t be much a problem. Would it? :-?