WC 125: Showfood - 2 details added

Hi all,

my 3rd work (and my 2d participating entry for the Weekend Challenge).
It took a looooong time to make (longer than I hoped for :smiley: ).

Except for some strange DOF (on the carrots) I’m happy with the picture.

Only the rendering took 11,5 hours!!! On size 1280 x 1024.
Which was really strange, because I rendered it earlier: a little smaller (75%) and some settings a little lower (like AA and quality), and the rendertime was only 1 or 2 hours. The differences between the 2 weren’t even that big. Real strange… :frowning:

Anyway, C&C still welcome!

:slight_smile: They’re pretty funny, altough the meatballs’ surface looks a bit odd.

Nice job!

altough the meatballs’ surface looks a bit odd.

Yeah, that’s because they’re supposed too be fried potatoballs. :smiley:

I promis, some day my fried-potato-texturing will be superb. :wink:

ADDITION: the potatoball in the left is the best one!

the potatoball in the left is the best one!

Yeah, I like that one too!

Detail:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sago/showfood-detail1.jpg

I also like this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sago/showfood-detail2.jpg

Greetz!

great scene - great characters. Looks like the one with the missing front teeth tripped over the same olive as the other one. Well done.
Paradox

Funny image!
One crit: the carrots seem weightless (like they aren’t actually supporting each other but floating in air).

NICE! :smiley:

Although some of the carrots and potatoes look duplicated. :-?

Also tone down the spec on the chicken and the carrots. Unless thats the look you were going for. :wink:

That’s pretty funny. wierd, but funny. Meatballs are my favorite. Carrots could use some mesh tweaking, but otherwise I like it a lot.

I like the table cloth texture. Is that taken from photo or what?

I like the table cloth texture. Is that taken from photo or what?

Glad you like it. :slight_smile:

I took a texture of a white fabric/cloth from the internet. Made a simple stripetexture of the same size. Those 2 were multiplied (easiest way to do is in Photoshop or Gimp, I had to use Blender to keep it pure).
This stripe+clothtexture was used for colourmapping, the white clothtexture only was used for bumpmapping (‘Nor’). Change the size as you like (but keep them both the same), and you got yourself a nice weaved pattern. :smiley:

Hahhaha…

I Like it, It seems like you guys are getting more and more content
into your scenes rather than “look…a new glass/dish/fork/Car”

If I were you I’d model some rings around the eyes in the eyesockets
because everything else is pretty good. Don’t cut corners and
your image will be good enough to be stored & remembered by many.

Hahahaha funny render, good job I really like that stuff. It gives me a realistic feeling on action figure looking dolls. No idea why it looks like they are little dolls from the toy shop. :smiley:

“You guys”…? Who are they? :-?
I never knew I was part of a ‘group of guys’. Or perhaps you mean newbies? :slight_smile:
Not sure how other ‘newbies’ think about it, but your right about putting more into your image then just a simple fork or dish.

If I were you I’d model some rings around the eyes in the eyesockets because everything else is pretty good.

Your right about that too. I wasn’t able to do that 'cause of the time for the WC. When I’ll improve the pic in the future I’ll give them some nice-looking eyesockets. :wink:

Superb scene, I like everything! Very cooooool ! :smiley:

That’s awesome :smiley:

How did you get the drumstick to look wet and juicy?

How did you get the drumstick to look wet and juicy?

That would be a couple of lamps and the right specular-settings for the material.