WC 154: Monster's ball (sorry, no Halle Berry...)

Hi all,

it was time again for another WC, the theme is reflection.

This work is totally different from my other (more cartoony) works, I guess the theme was to hard for me. :-?

Anyways…

Monster’s ball
“Me like shiny object…”

Rendered with Yafray.
Rendertime was about 40 minutes (size 1280 x 1024).
First time I used Glow.

I know it’s a very simple scene, but I hope it’s also effective enough as a nice composition.

C&C welcome,
Sago

Indeed is a good composition. Looks really cool. The glow effect is really suptle and gives a nice touch. I always like glow in fantasy scenes.

The tree is very very cool. Does what it should and adds a very nice touch to the scene.

Only think I find kinda weird is the ground material. It looks good but it needs more depth. A bumpmap or so. The cracks in the floor don’t looks too cool this way.

Other then that a very good scene.

(I also like shiny and reflective objects :D)

NICE :smiley: only thing that “bothers” me is the often repeating skin … maybe add another layer ?

cool… but shouldn’t there be a thumb somewhere? :stuck_out_tongue:

There is, the one on the right.
It’s a monster, so it doesn’t need to have more than 3 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand. :wink:

Where is the monster’s body? Even if it’s bending over or something and all you can see is the hand (which is fine), there should be some shadow or something…

I like the texture. It looks kind of like a rock monster.

You’re absolutely right. But for the sake of the composition I kept it like it is (and the fact that I’m really slow with blendering and modeling %|… I need longer weekends)

Thats a sweet picture Sago! I like the way the hand seems to be on its own. Its like a high definition Black & White sorta thing. I agree with the ground texture, but apart from that I have no crits.

Hey VividHazE please check the date of the last post before posting, if its any more than about 15 days please dont post

thanks mate

ps. dont post in this thread anymore, or evan better could a mod lock it