WC JaWn

(blengine) #1

hey guys, this is my finished product of my weekend challenge entry…
but keep it quiet! shhh, tommy5 doesnt know i found a loophole in his topic :wink:
i really had fun making this, and will think of more to add without crowding it… what do u think? could i add/tweak anything in the scene?

http://spevack.net/blengine/galpics/RCracer4.jpg
hahaha! i put QUOTE tag instead of IMAGE tag…im so dumb *edit

tea!!! i love my tea!!!

-chris

ps, sorry its been a while since i made anything, ive been working with learning photoshop and flash and had a breif scarring run-in with a panda bear

(snailrose) #2

Nice pic…maybe adjust the ground by the steps, the strong angles are a bit distracting and also a slightly different pose…
That’s just minor details though.
all in all great pic…

chuck

(hannibar) #3

Bah with such an ugly pic you shouldn’t even try entering the contest!! (hint hint) :stuck_out_tongue:

No really, great pic, I wonder how you did the lighting. Looks very natural to me. How did you dod the soft shadows for example?

(Haunted-House) #4

:slight_smile: Nice render, love the textures!
The only thing questionable is the floating safety pin and coin,
stick them closer to the ground :wink:
Great job!!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(blengine) #5

1 hemi light lights the whole scene… and an ONLYSHADOW spotlight shining down…on the shadow spotlight, i turned up the SOFT field to get soft shadows =)

ooo good call lagan! :wink: i dont beleive i missed that safety pin, the coin is in the dirt, its cool there, ill move it a lil more in too i guess =)

(hannibar) #6

1 hemi light lights the whole scene… and an ONLYSHADOW spotlight shining down…on the shadow spotlight, i turned up the SOFT field to get soft shadows =)

hehe sounds logical actually :slight_smile:

(Goofster) #7

great car!

the only thing that bothers me is the front bumper. I DO see a mounting system, but still the bumper intersects the body. what your angle on this?

Roel

(Haunted-House) #8

ooo good call lagan! i dont beleive i missed that safety pin, the coin is in the dirt, its cool there, ill move it a lil more in too i guess =)

:smiley: why dont you make some dirt come up and around the coin
so it looks like it’s been there a while?

(pofo) #9

Good one :smiley:

A little motion blur perhaps? or that might mess up the picture.

I think I see the “corner” of the rubber mark just below the smoke. Looks too cut off.

Also the grass might benefit from a little more texture.

1. pofo

(Nayman) #10

Maybe Some DoF

man, all your stuff is so good…

Hey, i was wondering if i could borrow your rootbeer can…

I need one.

(blengine) #11

goof, the rail is actually under the front of the body…it is hard to tell, but ill be damned if im rendering again! =)
u can notice a little shadow shading under the rail from the body that a true professional would have picked up on…hahahaha jus kiddin goof! i just noticed it myself =D [OP] kick! [/OP]

(blengine) #12

lol nayman, borrow? well, will i get it back? :wink: do u have a scanner? scan a can =D or u could search google for some can pics? just type in “sexy can”, im sure alot of soda will show up 8)

(rixtr66) #13

nice modelling,and texturing,i like the style!
as always excellent work 8)

rixtr

(bob_dog) #14

Beautiful, I love it! I’d be tempted to add some motion blur as well, but it would be a shame to loose all that fantastic texturing!

Warren

(Ecks) #15

You are so good at making car!! I hope I will be as good as you!! (I think it will take time…alot of time).

(toasthall) #16

Hey, i really like this picture, one very important question though, i must know or i wont be able to sleep is it RC off of toy story??

Dale

(LohnS) #17

great work, i love it =D. Has a real sense of being there if you can understand =P

after closely looking at the pic this is all i could come up with for crit =P but its not very improtant. Its obvious that the RC is accelerating really quickly, due to the smoke left behind the tire and the antenna folding back, maybe some motion blur, only a tiny little bit of it, may spruce it up a bit…

(shibbydude) #18

How did you get the anistropic reflection on your rootbeer can. I mean that the scratches reflect light differently than the unscratched parts of the can. Can all of that be done with [Csp]? I’d like to know how you did that.

(blengine) #19

hey neo, if its that obvious, lol, how come you were so wrong? =D see the skid marks behind it?? its stopping! lmao hehehehe and the antenna is actually suppose to be like that, odd yes, stupid toy story, which brings me to toasthall, yeah! lol its strate outta toy story 8)

shibby, its just the texture dude =) oh wait no no no…i turned on EMIT and brought down the VAR so there was just alittle bit of shine in the scracth areas, wow, i thought no one would catch that, good eye! =D