WEAVER PROJECT IS SEEKING ARTISTS!
Urgently needed skills: ANIMATORS, 3D environment artists.
Weaver is a team based, online FPS, with stopwatch objective gameplay. The interesting thing about the game is that unlike other FPS, there’s no guns. Instead players cast spells, using combinations of mouse movements. The unique casting system, and the huge variety of spells will produce an interesting, challenging, and novel game. Combat will be q3/UT style, fast paced, with a number of spells reflecting weapons from these games. Game play will be focused on teamwork to achieve objectives, similar to that of W:ET and RTCW.
The main goals of this project are to:
- Realize a unique magic/casting system in place of weapons, with diverse, well balanced spells (nearly 50)
- Create a team based, fun, challenging, objective based, multiplayer First Person Shooter game
- Produce a set of maps which focus game play on teamwork and objectives, and complement the available spells
- Features to support competitive online multiplayer matches
- Take advantage of modern graphics capabilities (graphics are secondary to gameplay)
An immersive storyline is not a major goal of the project, as such a single player is not currently being considered. Weaver will be multiplayer only.
Map artwork and some spells
Prototype spell casting effects, using a playermodel from xreal
Player Model Concept and Model
(This is the player model we urgently need rigged and animated!)
The engine we are working with is Xreal. It is based on ioquake3, with a modern renderer bringing its graphics to the level of id tech4 (and beyond). The modern renderer features dynamic lights, bump mapping, specular mapping, relief mapping, deferred shading, HDR, etc. This engine largely uses idtech4 format assets (.mtr material scripts, .md5mesh, .md5anim, etc) but can also take a few other formats (.psk Unreal Engine 3 player models). There are export scripts for Blender.
For More information, WIP screenshots, etc, see our forum.
If we get enough artwork complete we will be ready to release an alpha at the end of the year!