Weight Paint Tools

It should work ok with Autorig. I made some fixes to WPTool that should make it compatible with ARig, but I myself am not using AutoRig.

Thanks mate. I just bought ARP yesterday so when I get into it I’ll definitely try out this addon with it. :+1:

Using your tool to Smooth Weight on selected vertices. Options appear to (MMB) to choose number of steps to repeat, or (MMB+shift) to Expand, etc…

There is also an ption to turn on and off (N)ormalize, but pressing N doesn’t seem to do anything.

Help.

To cycle normalize modes press (N) key. I will be disabled - if mesh has no armatura assigned. I will make it so that there will be two options if no armature is assigned Disabled or All (groups).

Couple of Suggestion/Request on weight levels operation.

I just bought this addon especially for quick weight levels editing.

While I’m happy with how it performs as you demonstrate, I think bit of tweaks can improve the weight levels editing workflow.

1. Add “options={‘SKIP_SAVE’}” to the FloatProperty of WPT_OT_LevelsWeights -> offset/gain.
    I think reusing values from last operation for level operation doesn’t make sense.

2. Hold ctrl + mousewheel to increse/decrease more offset, ctrl + shift + mousewheel to increse/decrease more gain.
    And I also want increase/decrease step to be more fine values(I set 0.02 for default, 0.1 with ctrl).

While I already did these tweaks to my local one, I’m happy if you pick these suggestions because these might not hurt other users and I don’t want to re-doing this everytime I update this addon honestly :slight_smile:

1. Done
  2. Not sure if I understand - increase / decrease more? You mean bigger step? But then it will contradict second part - where you suggest same key for smaller step. IMO just using ctrl for smaller step makes sense for both gain, and offset.
    Can you share the code so I know what you mean?
    Those are good suggestions and I will implement them asap.

Hello Jose,

do you think its possible to implement a brush with the same behaviour like the sculpt brushes? I mean the ability to click and draw to add, press strg+click to subtract and shift+click to smooth. I think this annoys me the most when skinning, constantly changing brushes for simple add and subtraction.

Yes. I mean bigger step.
I lower the base step precision and use ctrl key for bigger step because you already assigned shift key for gain control and Bender uses shift key for smaller step and ctrl for discrete step on value fields generally.
i.e. Position field x/y/z by 1 unit while holding ctrl, Rotation by 10 degrees.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/interface/controls/buttons/fields.html

And I think 0.1 for default increase/decrease step is too high. But obviously it’s my preference.

The part handling input (I changed my step values even more finer):

if event.type == ‘WHEELUPMOUSE’:

if event.shift:

if event.ctrl:

self.gain +=0.05

else:

self.gain +=0.01

else:

if event.ctrl:

self.offset +=0.05

else:

self.offset +=0.01

self.run_levels(context)

elif event.type == 'WHEELDOWNMOUSE':

if event.shift:

if event.ctrl:

self.gain -=0.05

else:

self.gain -=0.01

else:

if event.ctrl:

self.offset -=0.05

else:

self.offset -=0.01

self.run_levels(context)

Thank you.

When I use the gradient tool in the add-on, it doesn’t seem to normalize the vertices. Is there some setting that I am missing? Does the gradient tool normalize?