weight questions ???? [almost solved]

1. how to mirror weights without using x-mirror option, i mean after doing some mods on parts and wanting to mirror it to the other side.:frowning:
  2. how to delete all vertex groups in one step, pressing the remove button a million time is very annoying and slow.:spin:
  3. actually i have a question which is not related to weighting and don’t want to start a new thread for. there is a “move object centers only” in the 3d window button what is that for???:eek:

anyhelp would be appreciated :yes:

1. mirror weights.
    In edit mode, select the half of the mesh you wish to update. Select the Vertex Group (in Object Data properties) while still in edit mode, click on the little black arrow and select Mirror Vertex Group.

2. No other way but to delete one vertex group at a time. But I think there’s something wrong if you really have a million vertex groups.
    My advise: have the mouse over the ‘-’ and press Enter

3. “move object centers only”
    Have multiple objects selected and rotate them with that function enabled. You should notice the difference

that helped alot thanks sincerely

1. No other way but to delete one vertex group at a time. But I think there’s something wrong if you really have a million vertex groups.
    My advise: have the mouse over the ‘-’ and press Enter

that a down side of vertex group, why don’t they add a simple button as this, but your way of using enter is nice and better than clicking the sh*t out of the button, thanks again.

1. “move object centers only”
    Have multiple objects selected and rotate them with that function enabled. You should notice the difference

silly job for it, it would be more convenient if it could move the center point of an object only - now that is a lot needed and useful -, thanks trice :slight_smile:

silly job for it, it would be more convenient if it could move the center point of an object only - now that is a lot needed and useful -

Just because something is more needed, doesn’t make another tool silly.

A more practical use for this ‘move object centers only’ is scaling multiple selected objects: the objects change their relative position without changing their size

To move an object’s center point, position the cursor where you want the center point, and in object mode, hit the ‘center cursor’ button in the editing panel in 2.49b. In 2.5x it’s located in the 3d view’s object menu -> transform sub menu.

Randy