Weird extrude along normals behaviour.

Why is this ocurring? The extrusion should be the same depth and in the same direction. I will try it with snaps off. Thanks.

Attachments

b4 ext along normals.blend (409 KB)

backs not filled in extrude not even.blend (412 KB)backs not filled in extrude not even.blend (412 KB)

Attachments

I made a duplicate of my upper faces before I did the scale along normals. Then I adjusted the edges between the mirror manually using the transform menu. Can someone tell me which keyboard key i use to copy co-ordinates and then paste them in the transform menu. Why did I have to take those steps. Is my file working normally on other people’s computers? I was attempting to use an apple keyboard but it kept inserting values in my start menu, so I plugged my old keyboard back in. Next photo I post, I will try to mark the bad geometry with my grease pencil.Thanks!

Attachments

In Blender, programmer’s way of doing things prevails. That doesn’t mean you’re limited fortunately. Press F6 key, checkmark.
You have only chance to bring up F6 popup (or check the same box on T-tab,bottom) right after you have extruded though.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=104321