Weird Geometry on lower preview levels in Multires modifier

Hey guys, I’m having this really weird issue, when I sculpt with Multi-res, on the highest level, it looks fine, but when I bump down to preview level, it creates this weird geometry.

Here it is at the highest level

Here it is at level 3 preview

Is this something I should be worried about? Is it common? Is there a way I can fix this?

Any input on the subject matter would be appreciated! :smiley:

I dot know, but propably try to apply the high resolution, and then lower it with the decimate modifer, if you want to have a clean mesh agin, you can do this with the remesh modifier, then try to make a Multiresolutuon modifer agin d;

It depends on if you plan on using the lower resolution for any reason. If you are, you might want to fix it, but if you are only going to use the highest resolution, it probably won’t matter.

What causes this is geometry in the upper resolution being moved drastically from it’s position in the lower resolution, so it’s compensating for the difference. You could add more geometry to the base mesh before going to the multires so you can get your forms more precise and they don’t have to move as much.

Ah cool! Thanks for the explanation guys. I was just curious if it’ll affect the final render thats all. I don’t actually plan to drop the resolution by any means. Just a bit annoying to see the spikes when I’m trying to view it in a lower resolution. Well…Seems like I’m running into the spike problem again but with the cloth simulation this time ^^;

Ill try to figure it out on my own though, thanks a lot for clearing that multires bug :smiley: