Weird noise on objects with ray shadows

Hey guys,

I’m new to blender and currently working on setting up a map of CoD4 and i’m quite pleased with it til now, if there weren’t these werid looking shadows :-/

As you can see there is this weird noise on those planes and these metal sheets.
I’m using a orange sun light with ray shadows on (Constant QMC, 10 samples, soft size: 10) and a Hemilight to lighten the shadows a bit. Because there shouldn’t be shadow on these objects, i just turned the receive shadows option off, but still those objects aren’t rendered properly:

These are the objects in 3D View:

Could the problem be, that these objects havent got a real depth? Like I said, I’m new to blender and have no idea, what is going on here :no:

Would be great if you guys could help me :wink:

greetz Sphere

Could the problem be, that these objects havent got a real depth? Like I said, I’m new to blender and have no idea, what is going on here

No, as far as I know this cant be the problem.
I think the problem is overlapping faces, so do this:
If it is one object, go into edit mode (TAB) select everything (press a until everything is orange),
then press W and then Remove Doubles.
If it is more than one object, select one of the object, and move it to another layer (M).
If you still have more Problems, please post the file, I will subscribe to this thread, so I won’t forget you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps,
tillonius3002

In fact there were two identical objects exactly on the same position, no idea why, but after deleting one of them everything renders fine! Thanks a lot, you made my day :slight_smile:

greetz Sphere :wink: