Weird Problem Rendering Curves

Hi Everyone,

Could someone possibly help me figure out what’s going on with my Bezier curves? I’m working on a logo for my workplace. When I look at the curve for the "H"s and the “C” in edit mode, they look perfectly fine. However, when I render, both "H"s and the “C” give this weird, pixelated result. Anyone have any ideas?

Here’s what I mean:

Rendered:

Here’s an OpenGL.

Here’s a screenshot:

The rest of the letters have the same curve settings, so I’m a bit befuddled. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Yes, see there in your curves panel where it says ‘preview 12’ and ‘render 12’, bump up the render to something hideous like 24 or 30, so it will add more resolution to your curves at render time.

Hi Craig. I’ve bumped it up to for the H’s and the C and I still get this :frowning:

You don’t have any duplicates in there, do you?

Nope, no duplicates. :slight_smile:

I think maybe you should double check your bezier handles there, you might have to see about changing some handle types to work that out if it happens to be from point placement. I am assuming you are using another curve object as your bevel object, maybe see if you get the same problem from increasing/decreasing scale there.

Could you upload a .blend? Being able to look at the entire setup may help a little.

Hmmm…

Apparently the .blend file is too big to upload.

Anyway, here’s a link to my Dropbox which contains the .blend:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2574407/Fuqua%20Logo%20Neon.blend

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Here’s a screen of one of the H’s handles if that helps anyone.

Right off the bat, I think you should assess the need for the vertex points on both sided of the H - I think if you look, you will see there are some that are not also present on both sides. Also, you might try scaling some of them on opposite sides to the same axis, like if they need to be the same on the Z axis, scale them to ‘0’ on Z. That way, they will be on the same plane.

also, maybe you should think about using the V key to choose vector handles where you need them to be more right angled…

Indeed the handles were not the issue but I did have Duplicates. Not duplicate handles, which is what I had originally looked for, but I had accidentally turned on Duplicates in the object properties for those three letters. I had to turn on Duplicates to duplicate the point lights to create the light glow for the neon, but somehow I turned it on for the 2 H’s and the C itself instead of just their point lights.

Thanks Craig!!