weird problem

(gargola) #1

:o please anybody look at this update of my ghost hunter game: http://www8.gratisweb.com/blendergargola/ghost%20hunter.zip

it has a weird problem!!! is it just my computer? when i finish the first stage(by killing 10 ghosts),the game goes to the second stage(duh! he he! :wink: ) the second stage is exactly equal to the first.when i get to the second stage the game freaks out,the background of the game is screwed up…see it for yourself(if it’s not just my computer).please someone look at it and help me! :frowning:

(joecool) #2

I couldn’t figure out your game at all. I erased all your worlds(from the world buttons), made the space button kill every ghost and was everything supposed to be purple?
it was before I deleted everything.
ok your problem was a simple mistake that I have seen made before.
on stage2, add these logic bricks to the camera:
Always>>AND>>Remove scene(‘stage1’)

(joecool) #3

oh yeah, you owe me big time man, I worked about 20+ min. trying to get everything to work… :wink:

(gargola) #4

thnax Joe!i’m going to try it right now. :smiley:

(gargola) #5

:o hey! now the problems is worst!!! now when i try to play the game,everything gets purple!!! last time i opened blender to play that game it worked fine(except for the problem i explained above)!!!..how weird is this! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: could anybody help?

(gargola) #6

blender sure is weird!!! i played other games and they were slow,so i restarted the comp. and now the ghost game works fine and the other games too. :o

Joe: Thanx again for your help! :smiley:

(saluk) #7

Yes, blender can be VERY weird and annoying at times.

Especially when it’s a problem with your code and not a problem with blender - you know the solution is out there, but YOU CANT FIND IT! AHhh!

But I must admit, blender weirdness and limitations are the most annoying of all.

(joecool) #8

gargola, your game was supposed to be purple. if it wasn’t, there was something wrong. You had need to delete those worlds. as soon as I got rid of the mist, everything was fine. delete the whole world, ok? oh yeah
when you want someone to edit your game, don’t put it on autostart! you do that on most of them and it bugs me to pieces :x
oh well, :stuck_out_tongue:
delete those WORLDS!!! :wink:

(gargola) #9

oops! sorry,i forgot i got them on autostart! :smiley:

(gargola) #10

ok…but now i got another question.for those who have seen the game,there is a money counter…when the game goes to another scene,the counter resets.i don’t want that to happen…how i fix that? :slight_smile:

(saluk) #11

Put the money counter in a seperate scene and use the addSceneOverlay scene actuator. As long as you dont ever delete the scene, the counter should remain.

(gargola) #12

but,it’s already on another escene,and i’m displaying it with an overlayscene.what i mean is that i don’t want the counter to reset the ammount of “money” it has when it goes to another scene. :slight_smile:

(saluk) #13

I know. Make the money counter scene the MAIN scene, and add and remove the other scenes as UNDERLAY scenes. Then you shouldn’t have a problem. Add underlay, and remove scene for the other scenes. What Im trying to say, is dont ever do anything to remove the money counter scene.

(gargola) #14

ok…i’ll try that tomorrow saluk,too late right now here.thanx! :smiley:

(Pooba) #15

Ok gargola, ignore what saluk said, he doesn’t know anything (just kidding :slight_smile: ) but just make sure the money property isn’t copying any property on the scene that changes. Make it so that when you collect money it sends a message like “money” and have your overlay scene with the money thing on it add 1 every time it get’s the message.

Got that? no? too bad, i can’t make simple explainations :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: .

Pooba

(gargola) #16

Pooba: ok…he he he! :smiley: i’m going to work right now! thanx! :smiley:

(gargola) #17

ok! i fixed it…thanx for your help guys! :smiley:

(Pooba) #18

Also saluk there is no “Add underlay scene” it’s “add backround scene” :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
Just giving you a hard time :slight_smile:

Pooba

(saluk) #19

Thanks Pooba, I appreciate it.

Grr.

AddBackgroundScene is what I meant.

(gargola) #20

thanx for your help Saluk! :smiley: but i didn’t use add background escene,cause it sends the counter to the back of everything on the scene(it hides far behind the buildings and all and i wanted it in the front)…so i placed the counter in another scene. :smiley: