Welcome Back Dear Winterً

I love winter, I love that feeling when I drink a mug of hot cocoa or a nice cup of tea with some crispy home-made pastry, bread and olive oil for dipping, with the sound of hard rain falling on the roof.
That was the mood and idea I tried to capture, and I hope I did it right :o
Your crits and notes are VERY important, and I hope you like it…
Cheers
http://www.jassarbrush.com/images/graphic/Winter.jpg

I like it!!

WOW this is just amazing. i love it. it gives me goosebumps. the warmth…!!! GREAT JOB! 5 stars!

If I had to say, I’d say make the background a little darker and a little warmer, just to bring out the man in the foreground, but it’s barely noticeable and apart from that, it’s great. :]

Yeah… I think i agree wtih Blackboe. It has bit too… well it needs it more depth.

Btw is the fireplace sculpted? :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words guys :slight_smile:

well it needs it more depth.

I will try to fix it ( I might make a small light source from outside…)

Btw is the fireplace sculpted?

yep, sculpted and painted in ZBrush, then imported back to blender :slight_smile:

keep those notes coming :slight_smile:

I don’t know what the green and yellow stuff is…doesn’t look very appetizing. Other than that it’s pretty cool.

You’ve got a cold blue light coming in from the right which is destroying the warmth in the scene. Also, the camera angle is very austere.

I like the fat cat. :smiley:

I love this picture!

SSS is a little much, but I really like this render. 4 stars.

LOVE it! I’ve been keeping tabs on this one even though I never said much, and I’m so glad it’s finally done!

Thanks guys, you really made my day :slight_smile:

I don’t know what the green and yellow stuff is…doesn’t look very appetizing

yellow stuff is Olive Oil ( that’s how we eat it here, we eat it alote especially in Olive Season- after the first rain fall which cleans the olive trees )…
the green stuff is powdered “tine” leaves ( not sure if it’s “tine” or “time”… we call it Zatar here, it’s very popular and we eat it with olive oil as a dip ).

You’ve got a cold blue light coming in from the right which is destroying the warmth in the scene. Also, the camera angle is very austere.

that’s why I’m going to add a small blue light-source from outside the window. And for the camera angle I used a fisheye effect to add some drama to the scene ( normal angles are boring :slight_smile: )…

Lipton Lover, u’r welcome man :slight_smile:

Thanks again for u’r comments, plz tell me if you have any more notes.
Cheers

great oic& style.
I agree that the blue spec on the bottle should be more red/yellow like it is reflecting the fire, it will add warmth to the scene.
m.a.

I’m currently fixing the image, will upload the updated one soon…
Cheers :slight_smile:

Ok, you can see the fixed image on my first post…
Cheers!

Congratulations on finishing it Jassar. Superb job.
Did u use the BLenses script for the camera angle?
I especially like the fire, the oil in the bottle, the fine cobwebs on the window and his little beauty spot. :slight_smile:

Great image! Just a few small crits:
I think the sss on the hands is overdone. Looks like someone is shining a lamp directly from behind the hand.
I also think you should decrease the ambient light to make the pic a little darker and increase the shine of the fire on the guy. This should bring in more atmosphere.
BTW love the details. Currently I give you 4* but I’ll wait to see what you are going to do to the image.

Did u use the BLenses script for the camera angle?

No, didn’t have the time to try it out yet.

I think the sss on the hands is overdone. Looks like someone is shining a lamp directly from behind the hand.

I actually liked that effect, though the hand has the same material as the head, but I guess the light is stronger on it.

I also think you should decrease the ambient light to make the pic a little darker and increase the shine of the fire on the guy. This should bring in more atmosphere.

Will try to do so :slight_smile:

the green stuff is powdered “tine” leaves ( not sure if it’s “tine” or “time”… we call it Zatar here, it’s very popular and we eat it with olive oil as a dip ).

Ah yes, I’ve searched for the name and it’s Thyme…

This scene makes me smile. I like it.

If you’re still hearing crits – notice how his left sock is rather brilliant. My eyes went: face, fire, sock. Probably not the 3rd most important thing in the scene.