Welcome to Blender Artists 2.0!

Sure thing! See my reply here:

Finally done! Oh, god, it was looooong…
Thanks, Bart!

1 Like

It was HARD too :slight_smile:

Bring me up to speed here… aside from subjective measures of aesthetics, what’s the rationale for the dislike of circular user avatars? Just that it cuts off the source image?

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s a nice upgrade. It’ll take some learning and getting used to, but that’s to be expected. So far, what really sticks out to me is the cluttered homepage. The forum sections are so tiny and don’t even get their own lines.

Edit:
Oh and the handy “goto=newpost” in urls doesn’t seem to work anymore. I’ll miss that. Most of my BA bookmarks had that.

Bring me up to speed here… aside from subjective measures of aesthetics, what’s the rationale for the dislike of circular user avatars? Just that it cuts off the source image?

Partly aesthetics (most site design is based on right angles and straight lines), and partly because it’s far easier to format an image (that is not a portrait) to a square or nearly square format compared to a perfect circle (where a large chunk of the image can be cut off).

My personal view is that the forum community format shouldn’t try to go too much in the direction of resembling a social network with better archiving and sectioning (but rather continue to build on their historical strengths), though others might have a different view.

Looks great on first look, One thing i see is my vimeo links don’t show up with previews so people can play them easily. Only the Youtube ones show example here: Sound baked animation tests.

How do i embed vimeo links on the new forum?

Thanks

With a tool that lets you inject CSS overrides:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("blenderartists.org") {
  img.avatar {
    border-radius: 0;
  }
}

Original value was 50%.

Awesome! I noticed this has been changed. A lot easier to find stuff now.

1 Like

Activating vimeo embeds is on my todo list!

1 Like

Hi from Poland to all’ya people.

1 Like

I noticed there is some incompatability on my phone. Will you eventually improve it, because right bow, everything is really cluttered and text is squished into tiny columns.

The new site looks interesting though, just have to spend some time getting used to it.

Which phone is that?

Vimeo embeds now work. It may require editing the post and saving it again to ‘rebake’ the HTML.

1 Like

Love the new site!

1 Like

It is a Meizu M5.
I experienced it in it’s own browser, which by the phone it just calls it “Browser”.

Here is a screenshot:

And another:

I also have Google Chrome, which in that, it looks fine and not squished.

Apart from this, I really do like the new site, and it is easy to use for me.

Right. Chrome is a supported platform. Meizu’s custom browser isn’t.

Ok, thanks. I will just use chrome for Blender Artists then.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: ShuttlePro configuration