Weld UV's?

Is there anyway to weld UVs in the unwrap window? As far as I can tell all I can do is scale UVs together. Are there any other techniques? Thanks.

TorQ

I think a little script for welding uv coordinates within specified diatemeter should do it well (I plan to write one.)

Please do write that! I’m having fun learning UV (fun = tearing hair out) and this sounds excellent.

By the way, you can select verts and move them all you want in the UV mapping window… use Bkey select border to grab any vertex you want to move so that you maintain the face.

Also, if you do happen to dissociate a vertex from its bretheren, zoom in a few notches and you’ll notice that the vertexes are already sort of “snapping” to some hidden grid and will easily line back up.

Any improvement to the UV tools would be good stuff, IMO!

-Bischofftep

I use BKEY for UV coordinates selecting all the time. Script would be useful in situations, when I need to join two (or more) UV mapped parts together - just get them close enough and they’ll be welded.
I have also idea of script to check distortion of texture mapping - which faces are badly mapped - but I’ll be too busy to start working on it for a few weeks.

I have also idea of script to check distortion of texture mapping - which faces are badly mapped - but I’ll be too busy to start working on it for a few weeks.

Damn… I’m going to wait for a few weeks, then! :smiley:

Env