Welder

I think there was always a paid version as well.

Yup… Just checked & Gumroad version is still from 23th of August, 2020. Unless there’s another one?

Correct. The addon is no longer free on Gumroad. Due to rising popularity of the addon the demand of updates is also higher than before. Because of that, and since I still want to maintain the support and have a lot of features to add in upcoming updates, I decided to make the price change. It’s now 10$ which I consider to be afordable price. However the addon is still shared on GitHub public repository for free: https://github.com/JohnnieWooker/Welder.git

9 Likes

that’s a godsend, thanks

When I install it in 2.9 (tried 2.79 as well) Blender status says it is installed, but it does not show up in the addons list. I search for ‘Welder’ but it does not show up. Any ideas?

Hey @NeptuneKid
Which version are you trying to install? Most recent for Blender 2.8+ is 1.1.5. Are you installing it using a zip file?

Version 1.1.5.
Install zip, then status bar says it is installed, but don’t show up.
Used 2.79b, 2.90, 2.92.1 and all the same.

So I installed 2.83.9 and tried to install it there and no luck too.
Here is a screen cast of the attempt: (edit: YouTube is having some server errors at the moment)

It looks like you’re trying to install a zipped repo from github which will not work since the github contains multiple versions, both for Blender 2.7 and 2.8+ as well as some additional redundant files. You need to install one of the releases, e.g. /master/2.8/Welder_1.1.5(2.8).zip

Ah, yes you are right.
I was going to try and then buy later.
Thanks

(edit: nice, just bought)

Just to let you know, the draw function works on 2.90 but not 2.92

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that Welder has been updated and it now works with Blender 2.91.

3 Likes

Thanks Johnnie. Works on 2.92 as well, and drawing is working now.
Thanks!

Hey everyone. I’ve updated welder to 1.1.9, featuring 2 new weld types, new welds thumbnails and few major bugfixes.

11 Likes

Nice! Keep up the great work Johnnie!

Sweet. Nice work.

Good day, I updated Welder, to 1.1.9, but I cant still make welds on properly scaled meshes :frowning: I m tring to weld 2 x 10 cm cubes and the welds are too big and brake. Sure it works on Overscaled meshes but I already explained in the previous comment why that is not Optimal use in production. Is there any plans to fix this so it works on small welds too ( think Guns, Handrails and other objects what can be small in scale )

1 Like

Hey. I’m working on that as well. Due to large amount of dependancies it might potencially be destructive for default sized welds. I’ve sent a PM with beta version for you to play with.

Continuing the discussion from Welder:

I installed your latest version for Blender 2.91. It enables and works OK but when I disable it (I don’t need welds too often) the tab for Welder remains in the 3D Viewport sidebar. Doesn’t seem to be a way to disable it from the sidebar to make room for other addons that use the sidebar.

To see if perhaps some other addon was causing the problem, I loaded Blender factory settings and then only enabled Welder. Same thing. It stays on the side bar when I disable it in the preferences.

Any ideas?

Hi BBMF, I have already fixed that but since I’m working on another issue in the same branch it will be published in couple of weeks.

1 Like