Welder

So I installed 2.83.9 and tried to install it there and no luck too.
Here is a screen cast of the attempt: (edit: YouTube is having some server errors at the moment)

It looks like you’re trying to install a zipped repo from github which will not work since the github contains multiple versions, both for Blender 2.7 and 2.8+ as well as some additional redundant files. You need to install one of the releases, e.g. /master/2.8/Welder_1.1.5(2.8).zip

Ah, yes you are right.
I was going to try and then buy later.
Thanks

(edit: nice, just bought)

Just to let you know, the draw function works on 2.90 but not 2.92

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that Welder has been updated and it now works with Blender 2.91.

3 Likes

Thanks Johnnie. Works on 2.92 as well, and drawing is working now.
Thanks!

Hey everyone. I’ve updated welder to 1.1.9, featuring 2 new weld types, new welds thumbnails and few major bugfixes.

11 Likes

Nice! Keep up the great work Johnnie!

Sweet. Nice work.

Good day, I updated Welder, to 1.1.9, but I cant still make welds on properly scaled meshes :frowning: I m tring to weld 2 x 10 cm cubes and the welds are too big and brake. Sure it works on Overscaled meshes but I already explained in the previous comment why that is not Optimal use in production. Is there any plans to fix this so it works on small welds too ( think Guns, Handrails and other objects what can be small in scale )

1 Like

Hey. I’m working on that as well. Due to large amount of dependancies it might potencially be destructive for default sized welds. I’ve sent a PM with beta version for you to play with.

Continuing the discussion from Welder:

I installed your latest version for Blender 2.91. It enables and works OK but when I disable it (I don’t need welds too often) the tab for Welder remains in the 3D Viewport sidebar. Doesn’t seem to be a way to disable it from the sidebar to make room for other addons that use the sidebar.

To see if perhaps some other addon was causing the problem, I loaded Blender factory settings and then only enabled Welder. Same thing. It stays on the side bar when I disable it in the preferences.

Any ideas?

Hi BBMF, I have already fixed that but since I’m working on another issue in the same branch it will be published in couple of weeks.

1 Like