Welder

:-/ Huh?.. Do I need to dl a new copy? How do I activate cyclic toggle? And the last handful of versions have all been 0.0.4… should you maybe increment these each release? Thank you for your patience with your dim-witted customer(s)…

Sorry for not being clear. I updated welder after your post, so yes - you need to download new version, thanks for reminding me about incrementation.

Cool. Things are indeed becoming clearer, now that UI works for us 2.81 RMB-select folk. So how about activating cyclic toggle? Please lmk how I do that, and I am gtg.

Cool. Things are indeed becoming clearer, now that UI works for us 2.81 RMB-select folk. So how about activating cyclic toggle ? Please lmk how I do that, and I am gtg.

Check this checkbox before drawing.

2 Likes

Hehehe!.. Sorry pal, I hadn’t fired Welder up yet since you added that. Hopefully no one thinks I am quite that stoopit… but thanks for putting a bright red box around the toggle, just in case I could have possibly not noticed it, in that very complex and busy UI. :wink:

There’s one final strawberry to complete the cake: welder effect on selected curves/edges.
Third button named “from selected” with a tooltip claiming “use it on curves or edges”.
Disclaim: during the process the edge(s) should not be deleted from the selected object(s) to avoid the destruction of the(ir) geo.

3 Likes

I added detection of curves and single edges so if you select spline or edge in object mode instead of 2 objects, weld will be created along it. I’ll also add feature to create weld along selected edges during editmode (nondestructive as you suggested).

6 Likes

Thanks! it works pretty well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow Johnny, that would rock if you could make that happen in Edit mode. And doubly so if you this can be done in multi-edit mode! Please see what you can do. I’m holding off the next monetary endowment until we see how far you can take this. I’m a man of my word.

I think when the draw operator is active, the weld button should gray out. I tried this addon without watching any tut orso and was confused about how to get the drawing funciton to work. Then i found out it was right-clicking.

But this addon will be a huge timesaver. I did do some manual welding making test a couple years back. Though it looks nice, its way to tedious to make it all. Yours looks great, perhaps for real close up i should still do manual one.

I made this about 4 years ago. Didnt new a lot about texture paint so its a bt wobbly hahaha
More like some little kid found his dads welder and went nuts

1 Like