Were going back to the moon! And were all going to starve!

This is a few months old, im sure a few(maybe most?) of you already know. Nasa is going to send astronauts back to the moon" within the next decade" to study and build an outpost! The new moon lander is capable of carrying 4 passengers, and can make the trip in 3 days. They will stay on mars for 7 days, doing god knows what :D.

but what im excited about is that were getting a moon base! finally, it is my dream come true! Humans will finally be living (for 6 months at a time) on another body other than earth. our future as a species will open, well be living in the era described in so many science fiction books.There is still a long way to go till we have mars bases and frequent interstellar travel, but its a begining.

heres the story: http://www.nasa.gov/missions/solarsystem/cev.html

my heart is still racing, im so happy about this! anybody else feel this way, or am i just a space freak :smiley: ?

comments?

SWEEET! Anyone ever researched the Apollo 11 conspiracy? I lovve it! This shall prove very interesting…

Anyone ever researched the Apollo 11 conspiracy?

IMO that whole conspiracy is a huge pile of refined BS. i havn’t seen any solid evidence that actually holds up against any educated explanation.

lol there is alot of “BS” that can’t be proven such as why you could see parts of the moon that science has shown to be darkened at the time the astronauts were there. also why was the light so perfect? Almost as if it was manually lit…

Whitey on the moon and still people starving.

there is alot of “BS” that can’t be proven such as why you could see parts of the moon that science has shown to be darkened at the time the astronauts were there. also why was the light so perfect? Almost as if it was manually lit…

Why was the light so perfect ? here on the earth we have an atmosphere which scatters any light that enters into it. stand in direct sunlight on a sunny day and look at your shadow near your feet, it looks fairly crisp. but look at the other end of shadow and youll notice that it is a slight bit fuzzier.
but on the moon there is no atmosphere to scatter light, or discolor it. the light on the moon is pure and unfiltered, and perfect.

have a look at this: http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html im in the process of reading it, i used to know of a good place that explained all of this and had good pictures, but i have lost the link.

im sure we could go into a debate about this (i seem to already have :smiley: ) but lets not. I would like to continue this discussion though, perhaps another seperate thread can be made… (ill let you do it)

edit:

Whitey on the moon and still people starving.

Whitey? whats that? and can we please keep this on topic? im sure there are quite a few thousand ways one could turn this into a political mess, i don’t want to get into that. if you want to talk about the relationship between world hunger and the up-coming moon missions, please create a different topic.

lol sounds good to me! anyway back on topic…anyone know when we are gonna make a station on mars?

the reason for this is because “china” just vowed to go to the moon and test long voyage conditions, they are then planning on being the first people to mars.

without the pressure from china, the US would not have chosen to go to the moon at this time IMO.

china is activly launching a new space race.

p.s. you do realise that the US is fighting against china’s increasing world position, as the US is scared peepless about china dominating them.

Alltaken

There is no China. It’s a conspiracy.

you know it! Same with Australia…

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Eat it.

YES! I knew there were sites like this, but its been a while since i looked…i am sooo lazy lol

Last week I heard someone question the Apollo landing because “I don’t see any stars in the background”, lol.

lets just say its possible they did “either” of the two. the real answer lies in the fact that it was just as cheap to send someone to the moon as make up a hoax.

Alltaken

Let’s just say that anyone who thinks it was a hoax is an ignorant fool, unless they can prove otherwise and rebut all of those photograph explanations.

shbaz

The scientific evidence is pretty plain that we did actually go to the moon… I don’t know why people would want to believe that it was a hoax to begin with. It is pretty amazing though… kind of like having crossed the ocean in a row boat.

(Nice site, btw. I enjoyed browsing it.)

I’m not sure what the point of colonizing Mars is. It’s not big enough to support an atmosphere, and biodomes have all been dismal failures… It’d be pretty darned expensive to have to keep sending up oxygen and food (particularly to Mars, which is not a three day trip).

My $0.02.

1: Whitey is a white man.

2: It is on topic whether you space project freak like it or not.
If NASA or ESA or China or whatever decides to pump millions into space just because some rich dildo’s think space travelling is sexy those millions have to come from somewhere.
It’s not a bunch of money that’s been there all along.
That means the average guy like myself can forget about several things people have fought and died for in the past. Like health care, better schools, well trained teachers or doctors, world hunger, several organisations who used to depend on government funds can now kiss that money goodbye.

If you think most of the money in the space program is being funded by rich individuals and organisations, think again.
Thousands of Americans wait in line to get free food because even if they have two jobs they can’t afford any luxury.
And you want to pump all that money into some rocket that has a 90% chance of blowing up before it even gets there?
Please, wake up and smell the fuckin concrete.

You do realize that, among many other things, one of the benefits of easier access to space is the creation of more jobs, right?

I’d be disappointed if we kept all of our eggs in one basket forever.

I just find it strange that it will take us longer to get “back” to the moon than it did to suposedly get there in the first place.

the only way you can keep me from being a skeptic is to bring me to the moon and show me the old evidence. or maybe even into a nice observitory with a telescopic view of something i should recognize as being left behind by humans…

[quote=“vliegtuig”]

1: Whitey is a white man.

2: It is on topic whether you space project freak like it or not.
If NASA or ESA or China or whatever decides to pump millions into space just because some rich dildo’s think space travelling is sexy those millions have to come from somewhere.
It’s not a bunch of money that’s been there all along.
That means the average guy like myself can forget about several things people have fought and died for in the past. Like health care, better schools, well trained teachers or doctors, world hunger, several organisations who used to depend on government funds can now kiss that money goodbye.

If you think most of the money in the space program is being funded by rich individuals and organisations, think again.
Thousands of Americans wait in line to get free food because even if they have two jobs they can’t afford any luxury.
And you want to pump all that money into some rocket that has a 90% chance of blowing up before it even gets there?
Please, wake up and smell the fuckin concrete.[/quote]

1. Funny that you think race has anything to do with this topic at all.

2. Yeah. Kiss all your healthcare and schools goodbye. We gotta go to the moon.

Give me a break. %|