We're In The MIDI & Audio & DAW Real-Time!

blender2-80
(Clockmender) #61

Now we have a node (on the left) to load sound clips into VSE:

And modified Sequencer interface:

All the labels and volume controls keep up with the camera as the song is played.

cheers, Clock. :cocktail:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #62

With the latest build of Blender 2.8, we now have a Square Oscillator to add to the Sine. Sawtooth, Triangle and Silence and a new modulate() function that allows me to modulate one sound with another, so I can now do daft things, like this:

I haven’t had so much fun since, well I can’t remember since when.

Next I need to make a serious 4-Oscillator FM Synth, I need to think about this for a while…

Cheers, Clock. :cocktail:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #63

Now I have built a “proper” FM Synthesiser, four separate oscillators, each can have different wave forms, separate start delay for each oscillator so I can phase them, have them as rising, or falling harmonics and vary the levels. I can then add any number of filters to each oscillator.

Here it is working with the sequencer, it’s just a single note operation at the moment, I need to look at making it play up to 10 notes simultaneously:

Synthesiser Nodes:

Initial sound analysis for the setup shown above:

Seems very versatile, I am so pleased with AudaSpace and it’s new functions in the latest Blender 2.8 (5th April 2019 flavour).

Cheers, Clock. :musical_keyboard: :musical_note: :yum: :cocktail:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #64

Now I have a VoCoder:

This modulates an OSC Generated sound with a sound file, you would normally use a voice file here to get. “Robot” like voice. In reality you can modulate with any sound file. Important thing here is to match the "sample"s for both the OSC and Sound clip. I also added an LFO Modulator to make the sound even weirder (if that’s a word, probably I should say “more weird” - that’s today’s English lesson).

I just looked at the Info in Finder to get the sound clip’s samples value:

1 Like

(Clockmender) #65

Update:

Just a small, simple test to show the system working. the control empties are animated automatically by my MIDI Bake node, all the rest is done with my new DAW & SOUND nodes.

Cheers, Clock.

0 Likes

How to animate to music in phrases?
(Clockmender) #66

Some shots of the Sequencer, now with controls (these are controlling, Volume and LFO Frequencies):

This is the full node tree:

I think now I have most of the functions I need, so I will now go through all my code, there are 35 new nodes in the suite and one functions file and make sure it all looks good then upload to GitHub.

Cheers, Clock. :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::toilet::face_vomiting: - :rofl:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #67

XFirst go at a Sampler Synth, such. lot more to do, but I now have a framework to work to:

The notes objects determine the note played by their position, the actual note is calculated by its Y value, timings by its length and X value. These are then fed into the control node and onto the big yellow one, which works out which sound clip to play. I downloaded a full set of piano note clips, which are stored by note name as their file name.

The only issue with this set is that they all start to produce sound at different times from the start of the file, so if I play C4, E4 & G4 I find the sound start times vary by up to 0.73 of a second. I need to either edit the bloody lot in some programme, like Blender using the “Cut at Frame” methods, or similar. :angry:

I really want to get my sound files from Reason, but I can’t, yet!

Next on the ToDo list will be a BeatSlicer, so I can cut a sound into slices then re-assemble it in a different order, or pitch bend the slices, etc. It’s just. time thing, I have the pitch bender and slice routines in other nodes.

Cheers, Clock. :cocktail: :musical_keyboard: :musical_note:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #68

Prototype Sound Slicer and Re-Joiner:

Operation:

1. Load Sound File.
  2. Cut Sound File to a set length at a set position.
  3. Slice Sound File into divisions (input top left).
  4. Re-join Sliced Sounds as per order in the “ReSlice Order” text box.

Note you can cut into 10 slices and then reassemble using 17 slices in the example. Next I will investigate reversing various slices, or maybe even changing the pitch… I clipped the sound at 30 seconds and a duration of 10 seconds.

Cheers, Clock. :cocktail: :yum:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #69

The node has grown a little and now acts like a loop-splitter-player (a bit like a Dr REX, if you know what that is…):

So, each level plays the next slice from the sequence. I also made this node to work out all the frequencies for any semitone above, or below, a given note, or frequency:

Saves me having to remember the formulae. :brain:

Cheers, Clock. :cocktail: :crazy_face:

0 Likes

(Clockmender) #70

Here’s the Loop Slicer working in the Sequencer and Song Editor:

0 Likes