What add-on should i get to make Sub-D modelling easier?

I’ve been working on modelling a pair of headphones for a while now. I read that for models which require high detail, Sub-D is preferred over bevels. However, the thing that frustrates me is how destructive Sub-D modelling is. If I want to add in some detail that I forgot, I’ll have to delete all the support loops. My question is, what add-on would help make this kind of modelling easier? Mesh Machine / Hard Ops? Or perhaps Boxcutter? I’m not too familiar with either of those. I don’t want to make the purchase only to find out that the add-on is meant to be used on non Sub-D models. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well that’s the problem with support loops. AFAIK no software can mark a loop as supporting loop… but wait in blender you can crease an edge so the subdiv act different… and there was a addon (can’t find it yet) which does something like adding support loops which are accordingly moved if the edge is moved…
For the mentioned addons… mostly the docu is free to read and if there are special features which you may find interesting…