What are some good fiction books ?

Hi ,
just wondering what good fiction books people have read lately .
thanks
-amdbcg

Lord of the Rings.

Can’t go wrong on this.

And then, Miyamoto Musashi. I’ve read this one about 3 times. Sadly I don’t have time to read this one more time now.

Master and Commander by Patrick O’Brien, the first book in the Aubrey / Materin series.
You can also admire the gorgeous covers which feature excruciatingly detailed paintings of serious sailing vessels. You can think about modeling those ships in Blender while admiring O’Brien’s writing. I’m half way through reading the entire series for the third time. There’s always something new to discover.

Storm Prey, the latest from John Sandford. If you like a little cop drama.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I’m only halfway through, but it’s got me hooked.

Obviously The LOTR, but also Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. The Ranger’s apprentice series is good too. That, and the Silmarillion.

Dragons In Our Midst and Echoes from the Edge by Bryan Davis are good.

eregon? Ha! One of the worst books I ever tried to read, plus walked out of the cinema on the film! Big fan of LOTR but a great read is Zwars. Best zombie book out there. But for a great read I have to put you onto David Gemmel’s last ever book ‘Troy’. Considered the greatest writer of heroic fantasy this series of Books will have you hooked

@ Dundaglan, why don’t you like the book Eragon? I can see why you wouldn’t like the movie; it was terrible, but why the book? I guess it depends on what kind of Fiction it is you’re interested in.

Wizard’s First Rule by Terry Goodkind.

The Belgariad and the Malloreon are both great fantasy series (5 books each) by David Eddings.