What are the add-ons that are built into Blender (NOT EXTERNAL !) that is SUPER IMPORTANT to you?

What are the add-ons that are built into Blender that is SUPER IMPORTANT to you ?

I understand that some add-on can “do a lot of things” but most of the time an add-on is known for that ONE THING that you use it for mostly, please name the add-on and that ONE feature, ONE FEATURE ONLY that makes the add-on important to you.

Hopefully this will help us open ourselves to some add-ons we didn’t know before as the reason why we stick to the basics is because add-ons that try to do everything is just too much drama and require a workflow all unto itself.

Me first, please follow this format.

Add on:
Mesh Tool
That ONE Reason:
The ability to set the Edge Length of an edge, HELLO precision arch lines !

Upon reflection, maybe free add-ons (MUST BE FREE) too but remember only name ONE FEATURE of that add-on, I don’t want an add-on that forces you into another workflow, I will use another program then thank you very much…

Add on:
EasyHDRI

That ONE Reason:
One click HDRI setup with Sun and Sky setup for you and a slider for you to rotate the HDRI, nuff said.

Add on:
Edge Flow

That ONE Reason:
Curve out the edge contour for you.

Add on:
Loop Tool
That ONE Reason:
Space out vertices evenly for you, good luck trying to do that manually, SUPER USEFUL for retopology.

At the moment grease pencil’s - Bsurfaces native addon.

I’m evaluating whether orthodox hard surface modeling in terms of dense cage/mesh objects are worthwhile exploring, when implementing 3D concept or ‘CAD’ like workflows in order too rapidly prototype idea’s .

Yeah there is a narrow time where it was the fad isn’t it, the whole using grease pencil to “sketch out your model into 3D” hype.
How is it going for you based on your own experience with it ?

When I want to do that, I use Gravity Sketch VR to do it, export to Blender to model on top of it :slight_smile:

Intermitted at this stage, work got in the way over the last few months I’ve a few client jobs too finalize first, then block out some spare time to dig further - plus thus far quite an interesting journey.