What are the quality light system for walkthrough of a house?

Hi all’,
I’m using Blender 2.47 since one month ago. And now I’m trying to make a walkthrough using default light system in Blender. But everytime Im trying become so disappointed. I can’t get the quality that I’m expecting. Some objects are lit up well.But some are buning in due to lighting and others are so dark materials. Even shadows are not smooth and can’t control density. Now I’m so tired of trying this. So anyone who is doing walkthroughs specially architectural, could consult me which light probably use here.

I would suggest to enable Ambient Occlusion (approximate for faster results), with a low energy. You will then have a good balance of Lights/Shadows for your scene (bake it if there’s no animation but the camera). Add lamps to adjust what you want to achieve. A good thing is to use Negative Lamps to “darken” some parts. Don’t forget that lamps can work with defined layers too.

there is a vey good video tutorial in vimeo about making,lighting, modelling baking a house : http://www.vimeo.com/1132029

You can do pretty darned good with the much-maligned “ambient light.” In other words, the light that’s nowhere and everywhere at once.

On top of this foundation, which serves to guarantee that nothing is over- or under-exposed, you can add some “practical lights.” They’re the lighting fixtures that you can see. But… here’s another trick.

Make the lights simple. (The lights are there to [appear to…] light the room, not to impress your CG friends.) When the user “looks at” them, make them out of a material that plausibly “emits light.” Figure out a way to present a glow that reasonably appears to be coming from that light. But… just as is the case with real theatre, “the light does not actually come from there.”

The actual amount of additional light, furthermore, will be very slight. As will any shadows, if you look at those. (“Shadow-only spotlights” are very handy.) Most of the lighting is absolutely flat, plus-or-minus one, maybe one-and-a-half f-stops. It’s all “sugar and spice,” applied with restraint.