What are your favorite parts of 3D? (poll)

• Animating
  • Modeling
  • Sculpting
  • Texturing and Materials
  • Shaders
  • Lighting
  • Composition/Layout
  • Rendering
  • Compositing and Post-Processing
  • Particle Systems and Geo Nodes
  • Viewing
  • Making 3D from Concept Art
  • Rigging
  • Scripting or coding
  • Visual Effects
  • Motion Graphics
  • Architecture
  • Computer Aided Design
  • Experimenting with new features
  • Talking, learning, or helping others
  • Gaming
  • Virtual reality
  • Augmented reality
  • Graphic design

0 voters

Let me know if I forgot anything.

I do not know how to describe it really, what fascinates me is the ability to create a virtual object that seems to become factual – believable. Not in a photorealistic sense, models seem to acquire life of their own even when they are based on existing things.

I enjoy many of the aspects you have listed but that “physically creational” part is what has me hooked.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot 3D printing.

Yes printing is another one, but not what I meant by “physically creational”.
As I say it is hard to describe, I mean physical in a virtual state if that makes sense!
Edit: an Image is finite, a 3D model has something tangible about it.

Yes I was reading you literally, but you helped find a missing option!

I get what you mean (I think), because it is 3D, it seems real. It is more real than 2D.

1 Like

I think I share your sentiment. I really like being able to make something that I can just fly in/around and look at from any direction. I’ve been wondering how it would be like to wander around in a blender scene if I got a VR headset… Now THAT would be even better!

1 Like

That’s so hard to say really… Personally, I just really like creating characters and seeing them come to life! So between designing, modeling, texturing/shading, rigging-posing, and finally rendering-compositing a scene… Nothing makes me happier than that final result! And as others have said, sometimes I just like moving around in the view-port looking at the finished work.

1 Like