What better Blender or Blender Publisher

i’ve been working with blenders game engine for awhile now and im making great progress. i was just wondering whats better for using BGE blender or blender Publisher

Are you talking about OS? Or another engine?

Just kidding. I understand now. I’ve never used Publisher so I wouldn’t know. Sorry.

BLENDER 2.46! youre talking about 2.25 right? i used to be like that to. 2.25 seemed to run games better than the newer ones, but once i started using the frame rate saving tips the new verson was SOOOOOO much better, what with all the new features and all. also 2.25 games usually dont run in 2.4#

2.25 is slightly more efficient than newer BGEs but you pay for it in lack of features and usability.

2.25 is slightly more efficient than newer BGEs but you pay for it in lack of features and usability.
Yea, basically what PlantPerson said, the new blender has more features but you will pay for it.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Bullet Physics in 2.42a is nearly 4X faster than the Physics in 2.44, 2.45, and 2.46?

And you also pay for it in terms of community support.

Im still using 2.4 caue I tried 2.5 but it kept crashing, now my computer is so “fragile” extra programs will probably make it crash a lot more.

Wait Tictoon. You downloaded Blender 2.5!?!?! The Blender version that doesen’t exist? There IS only a 2.46 Release Canidate 1!!!

Wait Tictoon. You downloaded Blender 2.5!?!?! The Blender version that doesen’t exist? There IS only a 2.46 Release Canidate 1!!!
LOL, I think he meant that he uses 2.44 because 2.45 crashes on his computer.

maybe he’s from a different dimension? there’s some food for eating.

the shine factor in 2.25 doesn’t work in GE, the cam actuator only fallows along xy, not z, and there is no mouse wheel zoom ( a rather BIG improvement since 2.25. you’d think something as small as that wouldn’t be so bad, but going from a version that does to 2.25, it gets annoying. fast. also, all of my 2.25 games crash newer versions, so upgrading in the middle of a project in not an option. These are the main reasons i moved up.

if my spelling is bad in this post, its because for some reason right now my computer wants to replace everything with the words “hot mail”, and I’m too lazy to restart my system.

and there is no mouse wheel zoom
That is because really old computers didn’t have mouse wheels in the first place. =P

maybe YOU should shut up! ( I mean this sarcastically and only as an acknowledgment of my own stupidity. this is where smilies are useful :p:D)

ohhh you edited your post. now mine sounds random and mean… i could just delete it, but the back space key is all the way up there…

My bad, I did mean 2.45, my 4 sometimes gets stuck and I’ve stopped noticing…

as far as i can remember , it doesn’t even feature ctrl+z ! , and like they said above too :slight_smile: .